Notices

Happy Saturday!

Old 04-30-2016, 04:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday!

To the newcomers, welcome! Trust in your decision and strength and determination to not drink today. You can do this.

To those who blazed this trail before me, thank you for your support and kindness through another week of this journey.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image-3537249337.jpg (43.4 KB, 56 views)
Old 04-30-2016, 04:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday to you too! What are your plans for the day?
Old 04-30-2016, 04:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
Happy Saturday to you too! What are your plans for the day?
I'm coaching my son's soccer team this morning, and this afternoon I'm going for a bike ride. Between that I have a chore list a mile long around the house :-). How about you?
Old 04-30-2016, 05:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am in bed most of the day which is such a bummer. It is a gorgeous day here, my grass desperately needs to be mowed (which I love doing) and I could get a ton of other stuff done in my yard. But I am under strict instructions from the hospital to rest no matter how I feel otherwise my pneumonia could send me back to the hospital. I've heard from others of that happened too, I so I am really having to fight the urges. I feel fine when in bed, but if I get up I start to feel winded.

The only thing I will do today though is take my son to his football/soccer game at 17:30. I think I can manage that. Then we'll order pizza or something easy for dinner.
Old 04-30-2016, 05:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
I am in bed most of the day which is such a bummer. It is a gorgeous day here, my grass desperately needs to be mowed (which I love doing) and I could get a ton of other stuff done in my yard. But I am under strict instructions from the hospital to rest no matter how I feel otherwise my pneumonia could send me back to the hospital. I've heard from others of that happened too, I so I am really having to fight the urges. I feel fine when in bed, but if I get up I start to feel winded. The only thing I will do today though is take my son to his football/soccer game at 17:30. I think I can manage that. Then we'll order pizza or something easy for dinner.
I hope you feel better soon... And yes, rest is most definitely in order for you. I've dealt with pneumonia before and definitely not fun. Do you have any coloring books or puzzles? Also lovely ways to engage without movement.
Old 04-30-2016, 06:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yep.... Looking forward to taking my son to his baseball game. Then take him out for lunch.

In the past I would take him and would think "I can't wait till this is over" so I can get home and drink. Worse yet.... I'd buy a Coke and take it to my car and spill out part of it and fill it with Jack D. I'm sure the other parents smelled it.

Those days are over!

Happy Saturday ,,, May we all be blessed with a sober day!
Old 04-30-2016, 06:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Mera! Sorry you have pneumonia and hope you get better soon! I hope to go out for a hike and then lots of house cleaning.
But tomorrow we are going to the mountains for a quick getaway.
Old 04-30-2016, 02:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Easy2slip View Post
Yep.... Looking forward to taking my son to his baseball game. Then take him out for lunch.

In the past I would take him and would think "I can't wait till this is over" so I can get home and drink. Worse yet.... I'd buy a Coke and take it to my car and spill out part of it and fill it with Jack D. I'm sure the other parents smelled it.

Those days are over!

Happy Saturday ,,, May we all be blessed with a sober day!
I have somewhat similar tales and shudder to think about them. Glad they are behind me.
Old 04-30-2016, 03:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

What a lovely uplifting post. Happy weekend to you too!
Old 04-30-2016, 03:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Husband and I are doing a Magic City marathon. What a wild show! Check it out if you have Starz.
Old 04-30-2016, 03:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by earthsteps View Post
Husband and I are doing a Magic City marathon. What a wild show! Check it out if you have Starz.
(hugs). Saw your posts yesterday. It's wonderful that you and he are spending this time together. Hope you are having a great day.
Old 04-30-2016, 03:15 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Originally Posted by ICanDoBetter View Post
(hugs). Saw your posts yesterday. It's wonderful that you and he are spending this time together. Hope you are having a great day.
Thank you. He is being nice to me now as we watch this show. He has every reason to kick me out of our bedroom but he is not. We are together. It is nice.
Old 04-30-2016, 04:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Everydaysabonus View Post
What a lovely uplifting post. Happy weekend to you too!
Thank you :-)