Notices

Having a rough morning

Old 04-29-2016, 07:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Having a rough morning

I had a visit from one of my best friends who I haven't seen in a while because he was getting heavy into meth and I didn't want to have that around. Well he looks like death and I have this awful feeling that he won't be around much longer. I tried talking to him about what's going in and he seems to think he's fine. But he looks like a corpse, I've never witnessed a meth addiction before. That's a different beast... I just don't know what to think. I can't help him and he seems to want to continue with this. Says he doesn't need sleep anymore
Old 04-29-2016, 07:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

we can't save others....

and we can only help them when they are ready to act.

Sad, but true.... stay focused on YOU.

Old 04-29-2016, 07:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yikes that's rough I'm sorry
Maybe he has yet to find his own rock bottom. Hopefully he hits it somewhere before it's too late. It's hard watching people with active addictions who don't want to change.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's sounds rough. How old is this guy?
Old 04-29-2016, 08:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Early 30's... We grew up together so that makes it's even harder to see. I'm grateful in a way that at least I pretty much always knew what I was doing was wrong. So that's probably half the battle. But this is different! He seems happy about it.. It's weird
Old 04-29-2016, 08:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

It could simply be the denial part of addiction that he is experiencing.

He knows you are there for him and that's really the best you can do. And, of course, take care of yourself. Hopefully he will open his eyes before it is too late.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yeah that's all I can do! I was always the one to get him out of sticky situations back in the day. But I'm a mother now and have my own responsibilities I can't save him this time.. Sucks!
Old 04-29-2016, 11:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey, oxygirl
So sorry youreh day, and am really sorry to hear about your friend.
I used to do crystal. A lot. And dated two crystal dealers. And we all had one thing in common. None of us gave a crap about anything or anyone. It makes you so numb emotionally. You really dont care. We used to joke all the time after being awake for 5 or 6 days that we would sleep when we were dead. Not so funny now.
If you do want to help him, am not sure how. Crystal is so tricky. If you can catch him after a comedown, maybe you can reach him. Was the only time i ever heard anything.
Good luck. And dont let it derail YOU.
Old 04-29-2016, 11:11 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hope your friend finds recovery Regret x
Old 04-29-2016, 12:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Regretoxygirl View Post
Early 30's... We grew up together so that makes it's even harder to see. I'm grateful in a way that at least I pretty much always knew what I was doing was wrong. So that's probably half the battle. But this is different! He seems happy about it.. It's weird
I'm sure that is difficult to witness. Not to sound cold or cruel, but you are very early in your journey, the focus should be solely on you. We can only hope he wants to get better and figures it out. If not, there is not much, if anything, we can do.

You doing ok today? How does your body feel?
Old 04-29-2016, 04:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope your friend will find his way, just as you are regretoxygirl

D
Old 04-29-2016, 05:04 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

well... Had a slip today. I decided to was going to reorganize my bathrooms and while going through stuff in my cabinets and I came across 2 norcos I must have stashed away at some point I can't even tell you how long they must have been there.. After a while of sitting in there I caved and took one then felt like a huge ******* and flushed the other one before I gave in and took that too.. I'm disappointed in myself. Now I'm scared I'm going to wake up in hell again.
Old 04-29-2016, 05:25 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=sugarangel;5929394]Hey, oxygirl
So sorry youreh day, and am really sorry to hear about your friend.
I used to do crystal. A lot. And dated two crystal dealers. And we all had one thing in common. None of us gave a crap about anything or anyone. It makes you so numb emotionally. You really dont care. We used to joke all the time after being awake for 5 or 6 days that we would sleep when we were dead. Not so funny now.
If you do want to help him, am not sure how. Crystal is so tricky. If you can catch him after a comedown, maybe you can reach him. Was the only time i ever heard anything.
Good luck. And dont let it derail YOU.[/QUOTE

Yeah that almost exactly describes what I witnessed. Just makes me sad.. I know it's not my fight just makes me sad to see someone that means to much to me become that..
Old 04-29-2016, 05:28 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

One of the worst feelings, being helpless and powerless to when it's someone we care about. Often we can only be there, be an example and pray.
Old 04-30-2016, 10:18 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

How's it going today oxygirl??
Old 04-30-2016, 04:50 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Whats done is done regretoxygirl - rededicate your self to recovery

do you have any kind of recovery plan, or are you winging this?

D
Old 05-01-2016, 07:31 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I'm feeling better... Stayed off here because I had a slip when I found something stashed in my house. I had my bf help me look everywhere after that inccident to make sure there weren't anymore surprises hiding anywhere. Thank God it didn't restart my withdrawals...
Old 05-01-2016, 07:34 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Whats done is done regretoxygirl - rededicate your self to recovery

do you have any kind of recovery plan, or are you winging this?

D
I'm pretty much winging it at this point. Mentally I have a plan.. But as far as seeking treatment or going to NA I haven't looked into any of that. Just trying to take one day at a time and see where this takes me.
Old 05-01-2016, 08:31 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hey Oxygirl
Glad to hear from you. I read about what happened on your other thread and have been wondering how you were doing. Don't beat yourself up. Let it go, girl. You have no idea how many times I've done that.
If it makes you feel any better, when I read you found those, I got jealous. Seriously! I thought why couldn't I find a couple! What does that say about me. Jeez Loise.
Anyway, hang in girl. Remember that dang cat.
Old 05-01-2016, 11:49 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Haha I'm hanging in! I'm amazed i even had a secret stash I had to have me messed up whenever I hid them because I'm not the type of user to simply misplace my doc! I'm proud of myself at least a little to flush the 2nd one instead of taking that too.. Sheesh