2nd day of no contact until sober

Old 04-28-2016, 08:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2nd day of no contact until sober

I am separated from my husband for 9 months now. We live in different states. We stayed in daily contact. Two days ago on our 18th wedding anniversary I finally told him I dont want to deal with him at all unless he is clean and sober for a significant period of time. We had no contact yesterday. Its the first time ever we have not talked. I guess Ibam just curious to know other people's experience with this boundary. This is a place I never thought I would be.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome.

I am sure this has been a really hard time for you. You will get lots of support here from people who do understand.

So, it's very healthy that you have formed this boundary, and very normal for it to hurt when required to enforce it. Since you are separated, has anything changed? Does he have any intentions on getting sober? Nine months in different states is a pretty long separation. What are you waiting to see from yourself or him going forward?

Regardless of what happens or what has already happened, there is someone here who has done the same, and we will all walk this walk with you.
Old 05-21-2016, 10:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Gia,
I'm new here too. I can easily imagine myself getting to your point, but have no experience of it yet. I just wanted to offer my support. How are you doing with the separation and the new boundary?