Notices

Kudzu root question

Old 04-27-2016, 07:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Kudzu root question

Hello friends,

I've had a bit of success with kudzu root extract. Comes in a bottle of Pillai ordered off the internet. I was a little worried because 2 pills a day is giving me very dark poop (sorry!)

I wanted to know if this was normal among people who consume kudzu.

Many thanks!
Old 04-27-2016, 07:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Typo

Sorry original post should read - box of 'pills'
Old 04-27-2016, 07:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry, but it's against our rules to ask for or to give any kind of medical advice. The best thing is to ask your dr.
Old 04-27-2016, 07:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

like Ann said check with your Doc only as soon as possible .. hugs a Mom..
Old 04-27-2016, 08:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Isn't Kudzu root that vine that climbs all over abandoned places in the South. I knew parts of it are edible but what is it supposed to do?
Old 04-27-2016, 09:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I agree check with your Dr I believe when I was researching it I read it is rough on the liver.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lonelywombat67 View Post
Isn't Kudzu root that vine that climbs all over abandoned places in the South. I knew parts of it are edible but what is it supposed to do?
Yup that's the stuff. Its supposed to help alleviate cravings.

For me, once I've detoxed, my cravings are no longer physical. Its all mental obsession. Doing things to relieve stress and anxiety work better for me long term than herbs. But hey, whatever works!
Old 04-27-2016, 08:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have not taken it yet, although I bought it although I have to stay one of the most ridiculous things on this message board is what the mods consider as "health advice". I would not categorize your question as such and it is disturbing as lot of conversations are shut down due to be "consult with your d-r".
Most doctors don't even believe in supplements so it would be very rare that they'd give you advice or even take you seriously.
Old 04-27-2016, 08:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Justbrowsing, I'll leave it to the mods to speak on behalf of SR and its policy against dispensing anything that could be interpreted as medical advice. Save to say it's a sound policy because to do otherwise would be inappropriate and unethical. Far from ridiculous.

Regarding supplements: There's equally ample reason to ask that members not offer advice on them. When we think "natural" or "herbal," it sounds very harmless. Actually, supplements can interact dangerously with other drugs, can cause adverse reactions and, because they're unregulated, there may be safety concerns. Any emergency room physician can vouch for all of that, based upon their experiences.

Here's some helpful information from the respected Cleveland Clinic:

Herbal Supplements: Helpful or Harmful?
Old 04-27-2016, 09:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I agree with all your statements. What I disagree about is shutting down all discussions. For example, people can share what ssri's they have taken and ask questions, but no tests, etc...
I personally asked about blood work and consider it an education for all of us. Knowing your #s and how they change over time. I consider this educating myself. I am not asking for health advice. I see it differently.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi just browsing

We ask that everyone here respect the medical advice rule:

10. Medical Advice: No Posts giving medical advice, medication advice, or psychiatric advice. Do not use the forum to give or ask for professional medical or psychiatric advice. If you are a medical professional, please remember the forums and chat are for peer support only and not to be used for distributing professional medical advice and/or using the forum to represent your professional services. Medical and Psychiatric advice includes giving a diagnosis, treatment plan, medication advice and dosage suggestions, over the counter and natural home remedies that should be approved by medical professionals. Detox can be dangerous and life threatening at times. Please consult with your physician.
You agreed to follow this rule, and all our other rules, when you signed up, just as everyone else did

It's not just a rule for rules sake tho.

Regardless of what your personal experience is with doctors, I still think is a responsible thing to advise people to see their Dr before starting any supplements - especially if they have other health concerns or are on other meds - even something as harmless as grapefruit can affect other meds, for example.

If your Dr is not responsive to those kinds of questions I recommend you find another one.

I'm not going to debate the rule here or anywhere else, but no one is shutting down the Kudzu discussion

If you do a search you'll find several other threads about Kudzu as well

Dee
SR

Last edited by Dee74; 04-27-2016 at 11:18 PM. Reason: clarity