Notices

70 days sober

Old 04-26-2016, 11:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

70 days sober

Time sure does fly. I wasn't going to post tonight, but it feels like I have to. Its been an up and down last couple of months. Mostly good though. I've been attending AA on a regular basis and working with my sponsor. I'm repairing parts of my marriage that needed to be repaired along with fixing myself.

So today I'm on my way home from my 2nd job talking to my wife on the phone. We're talking about how great things have been and how she loves the path we're on. We work out together after I get home, eat dinner, kids etc. We are/were looking into moving to a bigger place as out lease is about to expire. From some of my previous posts I mention how the last bender I was on I got in trouble with the law and have to go to court on August 1st. So while thats pending my 2nd job asked about the issue from my background check as I just got put on permanently about a month ago. I explained it and thought that was the end of it and they mentioned ok we will just check in with you after the court date. I kid you not I hang up the phone from my wife after having such a great conversation about how things were going and I check my personal email. It's an email from my job asking me to call them. To cut to the chase. I'm now suspended for 30 days so I can get the court date moved up and dropped/not guilty or I have to reapply for the position as they can only hold it for 30 days.

So let me get this straight....I'm not convicted of the crime. I don't control when my court date is. So youre making me ask my lawyer who I haven't fully paid off to move my court date up by 90 days and if not I lose my job? Interesting.

My wife is on edge and rightfully so about me. Shes worried that the stress of this all will make me cave and get back to my benders. I understand that and I can't even blame her for that. This whole situation just really really sucks hard.

Staying sober...I'm out
Old 04-26-2016, 11:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations getitright
Old 04-26-2016, 11:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I hope things work out for you getitright, I'm glad you're staying sober. Well done on 70 days.
Old 04-27-2016, 12:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Dude that sucks I really hope they keep the position I can only imagine the stress that caused try not to dwell on what they have done keep pushing forward 70 days is a excellent achievement & like you said you & your wife are doing great sorry this kinda blindsided you

Wishing for the best outcome for you GetRight
Old 04-27-2016, 01:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good luck to you -- even though I do not believe in luck.

Originally Posted by getright15 View Post

My wife is on edge and rightfully so about me. Shes worried that the stress of this all will make me cave and get back to my benders. I understand that and I can't even blame her for that. This whole situation just really really sucks hard.
First of all, congratulations on your 70 days sober.
As we drunks know, that is a super big deal.

This last time sobering up the wreckage of my past was horrendous.
We work through it all in time and time heals most all.
Going back to drinking would be like touching the hot stove again,
we know that we have been burned there so many times before.
We must grow up, face the day and stay sober.

Good luck to you -- even though I do not believe in luck.
Good hard sober works seems to pay off better.
M-Bob
Old 04-27-2016, 05:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well it is official. Court won't change the date so out of the job I I really liked going to. Sigh
Old 04-27-2016, 06:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well it is official. Court won't change the date so out of the job I I really liked going to. Sigh
You may have some legal recourse if you choose to pursue it, but if it is an "at will" work state, you may not. Sorry to hear that getitright, as you are well aware, drinking won't solve this problem either. We suffer consequences of our drinking for a long time.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hang in there, Getitright.

It gets better. It may seem like that's a long ways away, but it really does get better.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Here in NV it's an "at will" Honestly not surprised. It was wishful thinking that things would stay on this course of going right. I'm not going to drink. I actually don't even want to. Just goes to show just because you aren't drinking doesn't mean things are good.

Not one for quoting the bible much but I you reap what you sow I guess.

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
You may have some legal recourse if you choose to pursue it, but if it is an "at will" work state, you may not. Sorry to hear that getitright, as you are well aware, drinking won't solve this problem either. We suffer consequences of our drinking for a long time.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

First, congratulations on 70 days. I am sorry about the job, it seems unfair since you were honest with them when you were hired.
Old 04-27-2016, 07:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

So I hear. Still waiting to see that for myself. Court on May 12th to see if I go to jail for 60 days and court on August 1st to see if I'm going to trial. I really don't even know what else to do. Just so frustrated with everything.

Originally Posted by Venecia View Post
Hang in there, Getitright.

It gets better. It may seem like that's a long ways away, but it really does get better.
Old 04-27-2016, 07:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sorry for what you are going through getright but I am glad you are not drinking over it. Congrats on 70 days.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:20 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Here in NV it's an "at will" Honestly not surprised. It was wishful thinking that things would stay on this course of going right. I'm not going to drink. I actually don't even want to. Just goes to show just because you aren't drinking doesn't mean things are good.

Not one for quoting the bible much but I you reap what you sow I guess.
All I can say is that I remember you posting when things were going bad, and even from 1500 miles away, it sounded bad. I'm really glad you've gotten 70 days (71 now) under your belt. Someone on this site told me I was a terrible drunk (because I posted drunk, dark thoughts), and I'd have to say we both probably fit into the "terrible drunk" category, so its best we stay sober.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:12 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yes indeed. I remember those posts very vividly. I'm still going through bullcrap obviously and with the inspiration of my wife it makes it easier to deal with these frustrating issues. I know the mountain of things I've done to get to this point in my life, and I'm not proud of myself. Ill be cleaning up wreakage for a very very long time.

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
All I can say is that I remember you posting when things were going bad, and even from 1500 miles away, it sounded bad. I'm really glad you've gotten 70 days (71 now) under your belt. Someone on this site told me I was a terrible drunk (because I posted drunk, dark thoughts), and I'd have to say we both probably fit into the "terrible drunk" category, so its best we stay sober.