Notices

3 weeks and bust...

Old 04-26-2016, 07:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Dim

3 weeks and bust...

So having made it to 3 weeks what did i decide to do? Go and get a drink. The battle that went on in my head was ferocious even to the point where i had the vodka in my mouth and was ready to spit it out but quickly decided to swallow it instead. I'm withdrawing from an antidepressant and today has been horrible from the moment i woke up. The final straw came when i tried to work out and was too dizzy and anxious to do so and threw the towel in.... what the hell do i do now? Theres one answer.. drink more. I'm sorry but i dont have any other choice. God damn this disease. Theres so much i want to do and achieve in my life.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Did you taper off the antidepressants? Just stopping those can be just as bad if not worse than a narcotic withdrawal. You should never just stop taking them it could cause major physiological issues! I'm very close with someone who just stopped one day and full on went mad.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you saw a Dr before you stopped the antidepressants, Dim.
If not that could be a large factor in whats going on.

The bottom line is tho - you do have a choice - of course you do - we all do.

Your addict mind just wants you to believe otherwise.

You'll have to stop sometime right - why not today?
why not right now?

D
Old 04-26-2016, 07:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dim

Appreciate the quick responses guys. Cant say i followed the exact tapering regimen that i was advised to do by my doc but thats a testimate of my stubborness and arrogance wanting to always expedite any tough going that i experience. I'm sitting here sipping on a flask of JD until it runs out and then i plan on riding the withdrawal out and starting over. Please stay close, ***** going to get real later on today.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'd suggest calling the doc. I know when I've run out of my AD for a few days and unintentionally experienced withdrawal it's terrible. Consider dumping out the flask and call the doc.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Why not dump the JD now and have an easier withdrawal process?

I'd also make an appointment with your Dr - coming off stuff on your own bad can be problematic.

I bet with your Drs help you could make that easier too?

D
Old 04-26-2016, 07:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Dealing w life w a brain used to coping w drug help is a chore.

I find myself obessing several times a day over past issues that i have absolutely no control over.

That is our issue. Booze and drugs nulled our perceived problems.

Best to count our blessings. Daily gratitude.

Don't drink over it. Wake up sober.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Dim

Mind you, i have no reason to complain in this life. I was raised with a silver spoon in my mouth, i HAD a great rewarding career and i HAVE a stunning girlfriend who loves me to death and an extremely supporting family but i still chose this life. Or did it choose me? I hope i find out one day. Everyday i see people who were dealt a tough hand. Blind, deaf, disabled. I was born with all the luxuries and still i ended up hooked to the bottle. I truly hope i inderstand it some day because i must say i'm at a loss to wtf went wrong with me.
Love you guys x
Old 04-26-2016, 07:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's nothing wrong with you thats not wrong with the rest of us Dim.

Material wealth and silver spoons or not, people suffer and some of us turn to maladaptive ways to deal with that suffering.

D
Old 04-26-2016, 07:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Dim

I'm not even numb after drinking half a litre of hard liquor. I'm dizzy as hell, anxiety clear and overall god damn dissapointed. I have never felt this way in my life after drinking and cant put it down to anything but antidpressant withdrawal. Dr has prescribed me Pristiq to overcome my anxiety and depression. Do i swallow up all my reluctances and just take it? I have no god damn idea.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Usually mixing meds with mass quantities of alcohol is a bad idea, you could probably call the prescribing doc to get confirmation or perhaps the clinic.

Stopping drinking would be a good idea though, the longer you keep going the worse things will get
Old 04-26-2016, 08:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Dim

I will not drink any more. I am completely off my head drunk and will try and sleep. I know that when i wake up the **** will hit the fan and i will try my best to deal with it. What comes next i dont know. Please stay close.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:12 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Xoxo thinking of you
Old 04-26-2016, 08:16 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Dim View Post
I will not drink any more. I am completely off my head drunk and will try and sleep. I know that when i wake up the **** will hit the fan and i will try my best to deal with it. What comes next i dont know. Please stay close.
Sounds like a good idea. Drink some water if you can. Be safe, are you alone?
Old 04-26-2016, 08:54 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Dim

My mother came and stopped me from stopping me from the destructive i have been doing. Please help me.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:33 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Is your place booze free now Dim?
did you get a nap in at all?

D
Old 04-26-2016, 09:44 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi Dim
A bad day can stop at just the one bad day. How about chalking it up to that and avoiding a longer streak? No need to compound it tomorrow. Three weeks is a strong start to build from tomorrow.
Jonathan
Old 04-26-2016, 11:05 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hey Dim. I remember in the past when I was getting off an anti depressant that there was a period of adjustment. I was getting these weird brain zaps and momentary sensations like my equilibrium was off. When I discussed it with my doctor he reassured me that it was normal. They did go away on their own.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:40 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

You sound desperate. But are you desperate enough to try something different?

Maybe I've missed it, but I have seen nothing in your posts about what you are doing, recovery wise, besides just not drinking. Something is driving you to relapse, something you aren't addressing appropriately, for whatever reason.

You can get sober. Are you doing everything you can to get there?
Old 04-27-2016, 09:12 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi Dim, first things first, how are you today? I want to say that you sound pretty well adjusted and honest about yourself and your situation. That's a good start.

I'm not offering medical advice, but if your anti depressant is an SSRI, a proper taper is really the smart thing to do. Brain "zaps" are common even in a taper and if you don't, I'm sure its worse. Also, your brain chemistry is changing, so you will likely react different from alcohol than you would otherwise. Check in today if you can.