Notices

Day 4 going strong no opiates

Old 04-26-2016, 06:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4 going strong no opiates

Kind of scared for the end of the week another one of my connections will have oxy available Friday. They always send me a reminder.. Seems silly to me at the moment I must pay a good portion of their bills along with mine scoring from them.. I already resisted the urge yesterday when someone asked if I wanted something. So I'm feeling kind of ok that I can keep it up. Just having anxiety of failing. Stayed home from work again just in case I get another panic attack. Didn't sleep well last night up every hour then wide awake at 4am finally fell asleep again from 6:30-8.. My body gets to restless at night like I can't stop moving and I just wake myself up constantly. I hope if I rest most of the day I'll be in better shape by tonight when my daughter comes home from her dad's.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your doing really well Regret congrats stick close to us
Old 04-26-2016, 07:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Can you block the people who are calling or texting about drugs? There is no need for you to look at those.

I hope you feel better tonight, too. And, good job on getting to Day 4! Be very proud.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Doing my best. Yikes am I emotional today crying.. Ugh!! Glad I stayed home today.. This just came out of nowhere
Old 04-26-2016, 07:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Can you block the people who are calling or texting about drugs? There is no need for you to look at those.

I hope you feel better tonight, too. And, good job on getting to Day 4! Be very proud.
I hadn't thought of that! Duh lol doing that now!!
Old 04-26-2016, 07:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Just thinking.. I've been so numb to the world.. I honestly can't even remember the last time I really laughed.. Crazy
Old 04-26-2016, 08:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Give yourself time and stick with us
Old 04-26-2016, 12:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Seems to be now the physical effects are coming back... Please let this be over soon! Just a few more days of this and it'll be tolerable at the least but now time is slowing to a crawl and I have to return to work tomorrow no buts about it.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

How are you doing now? Have you started to sweat or use the bathroom a lot? Hang in there, I'll need you to be my cheerleader very soon.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I really admire what you are doing as a fellow addict struggling massively with opiates right now.

Stay strong and push through, the rewards will come after the pain
Old 04-26-2016, 05:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah block those calls and texts and make plans for the weekend..if you go out
make it a priority to be around healthy people...

D
Old 04-26-2016, 05:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm glad you blocked the numbers. I hope you start to feel better soon!!
Old 04-26-2016, 06:27 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
How are you doing now? Have you started to sweat or use the bathroom a lot? Hang in there, I'll need you to be my cheerleader very soon.

Night sweats started the first night.. Thankfully I didn't get the runs until today which is weird because anytime I was dope sick that was the first thing to happen.
I will absolutely be your cheerleader! It makes a huge difference being able to talk on here with others going thru it at the same time
Old 04-26-2016, 06:30 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yes thankfully I got the advice to block numbers because I may have given in earlier but I didn't. That was the first real craving I've had so far.. Mainly it's just been hatred for these things making me feel this way.. But I don't know what happened I finally took a shower and all of a sudden it was all I could think about but it passed:-)
Old 04-26-2016, 08:12 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

You are doing just fabulous, RegretOxy. Can I suggest something that might help? Take a look at your post at the top, and write it again, but this time change all the words about using to the past tense. Like, 'they always used to send me a reminder', and 'I used to pay my dealer's bills' etc. Try it on, and see how it feels.

Maybe it's a silly small thing, but looking at all my drinking/using as being in the past helped me to accept that it was all done, all that grief and misery and self-hate was in the past. Time to start moving forward to better things. You can do this!

It will be hard at times, but you can do hard. The urges can be strong, but you are stronger, and they always pass. Then it will get easier, and then it will be so much better. You deserve this. Go and get it, and accept nothing less for yourself. Onward!