Notices

Whew....some relief

Old 04-25-2016, 05:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking Whew....some relief

I finally found a great PCP. the last time I went to a doctor it was an AWFUL experience.....and I got medicine for my anxiety. She also palpitated my liver and said she couldn't feel anything (googlechondria...convinced I have cirrhosis)..... and going to run some blood tests.....but huge relief. Unfortunately the pharmacy won't have my order until tomorrow but that's okay.

The last doctor was so awful to me and shameful of my addiction it took me months to get back in to address my anxiety and addiction. Hopefully this is the first of very many more lifestyle changes. I also was cleared to workout so that's great

AND I did a giant shopping @ whole foods full of healthy delicious meals so I can compliment nutrition with weihgtloss, I'm only 32 I want to get my life back on track and lose this weight and not be obsessing about diseases all the time!
Old 04-25-2016, 05:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Glad you've got a good doctor now. Nice to have someone you can trust.
Old 04-25-2016, 06:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That is so awesome.

I, too, had a bad experience with a doctor and have not been back, just can't bring myself to do it. I left feeling embarrassed & ashamed.

Congrats on a healthier lifestyle, it really does make a difference in how we look and feel.
Old 04-25-2016, 06:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Have you stopped drinking? Forgive me for asking. As you can imagine, the best news usually follows when you are on your best behavior (ie: not drinking). I am guessing if you stay sober, you will continue to have great news from the doctor. I hope you are getting medication that is recommended for those of us with alcohol problems. If you are sober and taking responsible meds, you will continue to see good results. Sometimes relief comes in a bottle, but when you can rattle off sobriety for many days in a row, relief will be a part of your daily life. Best of luck in staying on this right path!
Old 04-25-2016, 07:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Finding a good doctor who is supportive can be very hard, I'm glad you found one.

Sounds like you're on a good path!
Old 04-25-2016, 08:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
under new management

I, too, had a very negative experience with a doctor I felt was very judgemental towards me and after 3 terrible appointments I never went back.

Then I found my current doctor, she is an absolute gem! I know the relief of finding someone you can trust and not feel judged by.

Old 04-25-2016, 10:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congratulations