Notices

Day One, tomorrow..again

Old 04-25-2016, 04:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day One, tomorrow..again

I found SR last fall when i was struggling with my "habit". My boyfriend moved 800 miles away for a job, i was left to handle the kids, selling the house...etc..I was lonely, i missed him terribly. I promised myself that i would quit once we were back in our normal routine. Sold the house, moved 800 miles away from the only home i knew. And here i am, back at it again. I dont get it, really. Im happy, i love our new place, our new state, our relationship is better than its ever been in 8 years.. except i drink. My best friend of 17 years came 800 miles to visit with me for a week, and after a drunken morning til night 2 day stupor, i actually accused my best friend of sleeping with my boyfriend..WHAT?? I managed to hurt the two people who love me the most in one stupid night. While i managed to salvage the relationships, im afraid i have hit an all time low and there won't be many more chances. Since i had to call in to work today because i had a horrible hangover (and to make it worse, i work from home), i spent the day on SR. I read the threads on the Friends and Family forum, i am heartbroken. My boyfriend is such a good man, i NEVER want him to feel like they do because of MY problem. Hes so loving and protective, i dont deserve him. He is an enabler, i'll admit, but i love that he loves me so much. I support my own "habit", he doesnt buy alcohol for me, but i know he would if i asked. Its the aftermath that he so willingly forgives. How can he love me that much? I wouldve left me a long time ago with how mean ive been to him in drunken stupors. *sigh* I just want to be normal again.
Old 04-25-2016, 05:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Welcome. You are among friends. You can do this. Don't give up. Folks here have stories you will be able to relate to. We are here for you.
Old 04-25-2016, 05:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome. It's incredibly sad that we hurt those who love us the most. I'm gladf you found us and are ready to make this work.
Old 04-25-2016, 05:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You're in good company. I'm glad you found this place...it's a great distraction and you'll definitely relate to the stories here.
I had to cover my shift at work today too...and this is day two for me...that's how bad my hangover was....I feel your pain. I spent the past two days on here just trying to start moving forward.
Old 04-25-2016, 05:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

We can do this together!
Why don't you join the April class? and check in on the 24 hr thread? So much good support here. Do you have a recovery plan? Have you ever thought about going to AA? Stick close to SR and post lots in the early days.

Old 04-25-2016, 06:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm glad to see you, GMariee. You sound ready to get free & have your life back. You can rise above this sad time and begin again. We're with you.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I didn't get it either. While drunk, I thought people were there to be my pawns in the game of life. I made up the rules, and if you didn't like it, too bad.
I can't believe my friends of many years put up with me. But I was wild and daring drunk. An exciting person to be around.
It was all a non-stop party until I ruined it. Then, I'd do it all again.

I've had the same friends for thirty years. None of them are alcoholic. Why, I do not know and these are respectable people with great careers and families.
I chose a career where I could get away with drinking.

You're not alone. I've hurt people and friends continually. For years. I am so blessed these friends never gave up on this unrepentant drunk. And I was a bad drunk.
We're blessed. We are given second chances in life. Third. Fourth. Don't know why.
All I know is tat I've changed. It's been five years four months since I've had a drink
I repay my friends with same unconditional love they gave me.

I'm not the life of the party anymore. I've made amends. I love my friends because they put up wit me for so long. It sounds like your husband and friend have that same love for you. You're very fortunate. I can relate to how you feel
You're not alone.
Sobriety has changed me, and it can change you. I hoe you find it before it's too late.
Best to you.
Old 04-25-2016, 10:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Gmariee
Old 04-26-2016, 06:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome, that sounds like me years ago. I wish I had stopped and stayed stopped then before my life turned into a 24/7 sh*tstorm. It really does sounds like quitting altogether is your best option. It will be difficult to get your boyfriend to understand this so you need to be prepared to go on with this decision with or without his support. How can we help you? Do you have any questions about putting a plan together?