Notices

4 months and still all over the place every day.

Old 04-24-2016, 01:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

4 months and still all over the place every day.

4 months and still nutz. Every day 2pm and 7pm get smacked. With a pure state of anxiety, this is nutz. Only thing I have ever been diagnosed with add. .....I hope it's just that unleashing itself on me...I see a psych end of may..hope she can help...never felt so all over in my life
Old 04-24-2016, 01:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on four months sober! I'm glad you're going to see a shrink. The one I see is very good. I hope your doctor is helpful to you.
Old 04-24-2016, 02:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

4 months is a great milestone congratulations
Old 04-24-2016, 02:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am just trying get passed this daily heart racing anxiety. It's killing me.......ppl say to breathe. But all I smell is ammonia when I do. But my ammonia blood levels test fine as do my kidneys and liver..needless to say. The more I breathe. The more I panic. Good lord
Old 04-24-2016, 02:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Have you read about or practiced mediation or mindfulness? I have GAD and it is one of the tools that helps me stay calmer. I'm glad your getting in to see a therapist too, that should help shed some light on the situation.
Old 04-24-2016, 03:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Scott. Yeah just started some mindfulness training with an app I found....perfect fix would be if I could just plug in to headphones lists ING to pink Floyd all day in a room by myself. But that's not much of a therapy with an awesome wife and 3 kids..does anyone here ever find normal and calm?
Old 04-24-2016, 03:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I read somewhere that "it may or may not get better - but you do" regarding the drinking life versus sobriety.

That being said, I know some people are just more high-strung than others. My mother never drank in her life, but is an extremely anxious person - she worries about pesticides on food, gets severely freaked out in traffic - etc.

The psych will probably be able to help you.
Old 04-24-2016, 03:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~sb

Try 4-7-8 Breathing. It's a technique to calm us. Breathe in to a slow count of 4, hold for 7 and exhale for 8, all slowly.

You can get through this, it's your body healing.

Are you using a method to help you stay stopped? AA, SMART, AVRT, Life Ring, SOS.....(all have their own websites)
Old 04-24-2016, 03:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

A brisk walk outdoors always helped me. Even 50 jumping jacks or squats. Anything to regulate my breathing and bleed off a little of that excess energy.

And yes, it got better. It took almost a year for me, though.
Old 04-24-2016, 03:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
NA Member - Atheist

Congrats on 4 months.

I've got news for you, people with 4 months feel like you do. That's normal. Take a deep breath. It really will get less crazy in your head. It just takes time.
Old 04-24-2016, 04:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks y'all. Well just take it one day at a time
Old 04-24-2016, 06:38 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm at 4 months as well, nofearnobear, and I have anxiety, too. I've had anxiety for a while now, so it could be that I'm just an anxious type, or it could be from two decades of heavy drinking. Time and working through things will tell. Hang in there. We still have some healing to do :-)
Old 04-24-2016, 07:20 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 4 months that is wonderful.
Yep, I could be a little nuts at 4 months as well...
I would just tell myself it was time to pay the piper and it was my brain adjusting...
I would get these weird anxiety zaps that freaked me out. I felt like it was directly related to my alcohol abuse. I had PAWS as well.
Time did make all the difference and it has passed, however, I would not have hesitated to go to the doctor if I thought it was more than alcoholism recovery related.