Notices

Looking for guidance

Old 04-24-2016, 09:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Looking for guidance

Hello all,
I recently had my boyfriend tell me he was doing heroin and has gone to rehab. He has abused pain killers in the past and I was aware of that when we first met, but he claimed he was clean. He has been there for 10 days now, I have not heard from him in 7 days. A few of his family member have reached out to me, including his ex wife. At this point, I'm just not really sure what to think, what to feel, what to do, what to believe. They have all made it clear to me that everything has been a lie. Thinking that really just breaks you down. I do know a lot of things were lies, and he did tell me that before he went. They've told me to run away as fast as I can, which sounds great but somethings are easier said than done. I also don't feel like if he actually wants the help, anyone should abandon him at this time. This is my first time dealing with anything like this, so I'm just really lost and just looking for some advice and wisdom from people who have been/are going through this.
Thank you all
Old 04-24-2016, 09:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Bnb you have a found a great community with great advice

Know your not alone x
Old 04-24-2016, 01:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome and I'm sorry for your situation.

It might be a good idea for you to check out our Friends & Families forum:

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information