Notices

Just curious.

Old 04-22-2016, 10:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just curious.

Has anyone done anything weird or funny, or just something that would be considered unconventional to stave off a craving?

I know I have. During my first outpatient rehab stint. I would ALWAYS keep oreos and ice cream in the kitchen. Thats not weird by itself, but whenever I got an intense craving I would get out a pint of ice cream, or a box cookies and then I would go to my computer and blast Mariah Carey- Make it happen while eating lmao, and it honestly helped quite a few times. I did that for like the first three months.

I would also just walk to the liquor store, stand across the street, stare at it, without ANY intentions of buying anything (I was on antibuse and vivitrol) and then just walk right back home. I only did that twice in the VERY beginning of my first rehab stint (I had a horrible outlook during my first stint). I craved alcohol SO much, that sometimes I just missed the rush of actually WALKING to the liquor store. Crazy right?

I loooove makeup and everything beauty related. I have definitely beat my face on quite a few occasions just to deal with cravings and boredom, and that helped a lot to, because not only was I concentrating on something else, and doing something with my hands. I also felt better about myself after my face was all made up lol. Makeup is like an INSTANT self esteem booster for me. So it was like a win win.
Old 04-23-2016, 12:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I would go buy hair gel and cologne as a treat and to smell good. I had so many hair gels that it was a year or two before I ran out:-)
Old 04-23-2016, 02:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

the best way of getting over a craving imo is reaching out exposing the AV

Always reach out is my advice
Old 04-23-2016, 03:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
now's the time

I talk to myself when I get cravings. Like full on double personality style. "No Fantail, that's a ridiculous idea, you know exactly where that goes." "I don't care!" "No, you care. Go watch a movie or something." It makes me laugh and then I get over it.