Notices

Lovely day :-)

Old 04-21-2016, 04:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lovely day :-)

Visited my dad after work. He said, "aren't I keeping you from your family?"

Rewind... A few weeks ago he called the day after he had been in the ER but I was in a mtg. Since he said it wasn't urgent ultimately I didn't get to contact him til the next morning. I told him that out of that I realized that just because something isn't urgent, I can't always let that make him fall down on my priority list.

I was going to visit him in the hospital Tuesday but since he was released and it was my husband's birthday, I told him i would see him by Thursday. He tried to say "how about we say you'll try." I insisted said "remember what I said?"

And today I followed through. He would have given me an out... But the last few weeks reminded me of the "what ifs" I have with when I feel I wasn't there for my mom. I know she didn't feel that way by I can't help but feel that there were times she would have liked me to be there but didn't want to ask. And I'm not going to have those regrets with my dad. I know he appreciated me visiting even if he felt somehow guilty that I put him above other things. By it should be that way.

Sobriety is helping me have that clarity ... How and what to prioritize , including myself.

It was a good day. 😊