Notices

Just to say Hello

Old 04-20-2016, 05:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just to say Hello

I have not been on this site for a while but thats not to say that I have fallen back to the dark days. I'm on day 108 and I feel fantastic, Dont get me wrong I still have those bad days when all I can think about is drink and have that AV in my head that says you can start again tomorrow.. but i just tell him to **** off... I have avoided going out to the pubs but I attended a wedding there last weekend and everyone knows an Irish wedding is usually a big massive weekend drinking session so I was very nervous about the build up and the day itself.. But l felt I had to go because he is a good friend of mine and my wife wanted to go and to be fair we havent gone out much since Christmas....But the day went great !! I could not get over all the people I have not met in a while telling me how well I looked and how fit and younger I look.. I get that allot now. I did struggle through the day but all the compliments I got made me feel great and that all this is worth it and belive me its worth it wakeing up after an Irish wedding with no hangover never done that before !!! not haveing that afull feeling who did I upset this time, How embarressed I would be and most of all no arguement with the wife about my behavour!!. Everyone was asking why are you not drinking, why are you not drinking,, can I buy you a drink..aahh go on go on Typical Irish !!! but I just told them I was on medication and couldent drink,,;; But most there knew I have a drink problem. But its over now and I know there will be plenty more simular events in the future that will be diffuclt but I know I can do this..and most of all enjoy them !!... So for all those who might be in a diffucult situation just hang in there you will feel so much better when it passes !!.. Slán for now !!