Girls (and you guys) Just Wanna Have Fun

Old 04-20-2016, 12:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

Talking Girls (and you guys) Just Wanna Have Fun

Alright, alcoholism is a bummer. Recovery is not instant. So what do you do to get out of the funk NOW?!

Today, I cranked up some of my favorite upbeat music and danced through the house while doing my daily stuff. I was singing at the top of my lungs. Not pretty, but it just felt good to be a little silly.

What do you do to get out of your funk? What is your happy place? We deserve to feel better NOW, so think. Tell us. We need to know. I need some fresh ideas. What is your pick-me-up? Let's hear it!!
Old 04-20-2016, 01:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I watch funny sitcoms, and take my dog to the agility park. I also put my kids into the car, turn up the tunes, and we go for drives on the backroads. Fun stuff. It's the simple things.....
Old 04-20-2016, 01:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Taking bubble baths and lots of lavender-scented epsom salt, listening to my favorite music on Spotify, watching Netflix cos I have no TV (and that's what makes me happy too!!!), exercising my dog, making bird houses, taking care of my flowers, sampling different ice cream flavors :p
Old 04-20-2016, 01:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Magic, I do the same as you. Bowever, my signing and dancing seems to happen exclusively in the kitchen!
Old 04-20-2016, 01:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Riding my motorcycle, hanging or going on a drive with a friend, gardening, fishing, and walking or playing frisbee with my dog all help me. Focusing on a project (woodworking, working on my bike, or building something) does too. Oh yeah - music and comedies!
Old 04-20-2016, 02:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

These are all such great ways to forget about our daily grind. I love riding the motorcycle with Mr. Magic. I haven't been able to for a while because of a pinched nerve in my neck, but i am hoping this weekend we can try it out. All healed up (hopefully).

Just thinking about those things that free my mind makes me happy. Thanks!!! And keep 'em coming!
Old 04-21-2016, 06:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

Good Morning Friends. This morning I did some reading, snuggled with my pups, and came to visit you good folks. Definitely some positive actions!

Hey to all you anonymous readers out there. Glad you could join us!