Notices

Facial Redness???

Old 04-18-2016, 04:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Facial Redness???

After another relapse (and I was doing so well) I noticed may face has gone red.....anyone else had this and how long did it take to go away???

Le eek!
Old 04-18-2016, 04:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My face was red after a binge too- usually went away in 2-4 days
Drink a lot of water- and stop drinking
Old 04-18-2016, 04:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh yes. Some types of alcohol make it worse for me like wine or beer. Usually once I get through the worst of the withdrawals and like Jsbhodi said, lots of hydration it settles back down.

I also find doing some exercise to get the blood pumping and help sweat it put helps to clear it up a little faster. And making sure I go light on the makeup and wash my face properly and moisturize helps too.

And agree with Js. No more drinking
My face is breaking out too. Boo.
Old 04-18-2016, 06:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Team SoberLife! You can do it bud. Sorry about the red face, but it will probably go away if you stop drinking. Maybe your just a little flushed. The alcoholic life is no way to live. How ya plan on gettinf back on your feet?
Old 04-18-2016, 06:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

embrace sobriety and that'll be a thing of the past!!!

swollen, puffy, red and blotchy faces..... reason #243 that alcohol is just plain nonsense.
Old 04-18-2016, 06:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My face usually turns red and burns as soon as I decide to drink. It's very odd. Once I'm past the 2nd drink, I guess I forget about it. I'm not drinking now and it hasn't happened! I hate that feeling and hate alcohol!
Old 04-18-2016, 06:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Alcohol, especially in excess, is a contributing factor to a skin condition called rosacea. Rosacea, sometimes called "the Celtic curse" is a reddening and coarsening of the facial skin often accompanied by visible "broken capillaries" and the classic drinkers "strawberry nose".

Early signs of rosacea may include a reddening of the face when drinking. Like alcohol addiction, rosacea is a progressive condition. Not all rosacea sufferers are drinkers and not all drinkers suffer from rosacea. But, if one is genetically predisposed to rosacea, drinking will exacerbate the problem.
Old 04-18-2016, 07:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My face was always red when I would drink. My foundation is lasting a lot longer now that I am sober.
Old 04-20-2016, 08:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi guys, I may be a bit overreacting, day 2 (yet again) and my symptoms have never been that rough. Face is incredibly red and I see other body parts red.
Everything I read about paws is scaring me, don't know what to do.
Other than severe itching and insomnia, and feeling a bit confused, nothing too major. Don't know if I feel like I have temperature cause my face is red or I do. Checking now, dont think I do.
Old 04-21-2016, 01:51 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Personally no I have not had it however I see it a lot in AA and in the past Detox Centres, I would encourage you to get checked by your doc. From what I know is it appears because regulation of vascular control in the brain fails with constant alcohol intake, I have seen a few cases where it did not go away, not sure why.

Andrew
Old 04-21-2016, 03:23 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
now's the time

Justbrowsing, Day 2 is still well within acute withdrawal. Temperature regulation is one of the things that go haywire during withdrawal. Don't panic. This first week is not what the rest of it is like. Your withdrawal will peak sometime between today and two days from now. Once that's over you'll start healing, which includes PAWS for some people but is really far more manageable (FAR) than withdrawal. Hang in there!
Old 04-21-2016, 11:09 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fantail View Post
Justbrowsing, Day 2 is still well within acute withdrawal. Temperature regulation is one of the things that go haywire during withdrawal. Don't panic. This first week is not what the rest of it is like. Your withdrawal will peak sometime between today and two days from now. Once that's over you'll start healing, which includes PAWS for some people but is really far more manageable (FAR) than withdrawal. Hang in there!
Thanks, it was way easier before. Gets harder the more times you go back to day 1.