A partners loss in recovery

Old 04-15-2016, 05:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A partners loss in recovery

so I am wondering if I am alone in my situation or if anyone has or is going through this and would love advice.

My husband is in recovery and is very serious about it, bless him. He knows he is a CA and is on annabuse he loves it and I am very proud of him. Crazy thing is I feel a loss myself, I know he loves me but I don't know where I belong now I definitely don't want him to start drinking but I have lost my identity and don't have the slightest idea how to find it. I love him madly and he is a good man, we have had some issues with sexting and I am totally paranoid about it still happening...how do I work to get past it..he says its only me he wants to be with and I want to be with him, he has been sober 45 days. I know he has to work on himself. I truly hate the word codependent it makes a person seem inferior but they aren't... any advice is appreciated
Old 04-15-2016, 05:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

You don't have to call yourself "co-dependent"--not everyone married to an alcoholic is. But you HAVE been affected by his drinking, and Al-Anon would probably be VERY helpful to you to untangle how you feel yourself and your marriage. It's all about YOU in Al-Anon.

What do you mean by a "CA"? I'm not familiar with that term...
Old 04-15-2016, 05:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

pmuller.....I ask this without judgement---why do you think you should "get p ast" the sexting? Do you really think you could get past it?
That is like saying---he is cheating on me and it is my duty to become o.k. with it.
Cheating and alcoholism are separate issues, though, sometimes they overlap in the same individuals....in other words, 2 problems.

Are there any alanon groups in milan? These groups are for those who are affected by a loved one's drinking. They are for you and your own suffering.....
You would be very welcomed, as everyone there has been in your shoes....

I am sorry that you feel that you have lost yourself.....alcoholism harms the loved ones just as much as the alcoholic....

You certainly deserve more than this in your life....youdeserve your own happiness.....

dandylion
Old 04-15-2016, 06:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

pmueller....here, in the US, there are amimal rescue groups that work in tandem witht he domestic violence organizations that will house the dogs/cats, etc. while the owner is going through a situation such as yours.....
I am thinking that there must be similar in the UK....

dandylion
Old 04-15-2016, 06:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi fellow Hoosier. There are AlAnon meetings in Batesville. Please check them out!