Notices

Grave Yard Humor

Old 04-14-2016, 04:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Grave Yard Humor

In Grave Difficulty:
After my dad died, my mom had a friend, much sought after by widows in the neighborhood, with whom she liked to drink Irish whiskey. After she died he told us that he went up to the graveyard, sat on her tombstone and poured Irish whiskey on her saintly resting place. I wonder and suspect that he may have reserved a good bit of the bottle to ease his sufferings from her absence. When I told this story to my wife I asked her not to pour whiskey on my grave, because, you see, I'm an alcoholic!
Old 04-14-2016, 05:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This is a true story: A friend of my parents was a guy was a salt of the earth type guy. He grew up on a farm and ended up being an engineer for Green Giant (foods), he liked to get away once or twice a week and go to the shed. In his later years he was not supposed to drink or smoke because of his health (his lovely wife made sure he adhered to these rules). After he died they went out to his shed and as they moved his chair, a bottle of whiskey and pack of cigarettes fell out from under the cushion. Til the end, it was his little slice of heaven (he was not an alcoholic at all, just enjoyed his whiskey and a smoke once in while).