Notices

Heartbroken

Old 09-21-2004, 06:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Heartbroken

I just broke up with my boyfriend of 3 years today. He is my first love. My heart aches so much because I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. I know I need to focus on me right now and this is the perfect time to do that, but why is it so hard to focus on myself instead of others? I've always helped others while falling apart inside. I guess I need to take care of myself now as soon as I figure out how to do it.

Hope
Old 09-21-2004, 06:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Red face

I am so sorry this has happened. What a difficult thing to deal with so early in sobriety! Keep posting, if it helps. We are here for you. Learning to care for yourself is not an easy thing to do. That is one of the things I love about AA. They have loved me while I am learning to love myself. I also know that the first thing you do to take care of yourself is stay clean and sober.

Hang in there, hon'. We are pulling for you.

Hugs--
Old 09-21-2004, 07:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I broke up with mine this past Friday, and feel for you too. Let's make a committment to start taking care of ourselves, OK?
Keep us posted and all the best to you
Old 09-21-2004, 07:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
easydoesitmikey

broken hearts club,i broke up with my girlfriend a little over a month ago.i loved her with all my heart,she is pregnant with my child.i also wanted to spend the rest of my life with her.she left me for another guy.last friday they went to a journey concert that we had plans to go see.all this is really painfull.how did i take our break-up?i went back out.i relapsed.i lost my job,ran my friends off,worked my self into a hole,lost 20 lbs. and spent the last 30 days in a serious depression thinking about suicide 24/7.the drugs only intensified my pain.so,please dont do what i did.today is my first full day clean,tommorow i have a job to go to.i will accept the pain of her being with someone else because thats the way it is.i know that a broken heart doesnt last forever.time heals all wounds.all that matters to me now is my recovery.

Old 09-21-2004, 07:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

(((HOPE))) ...ted
Old 09-22-2004, 08:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

((((Hugs))))) I am so grateful for my friends on SR. You are all helping me more than you can even know. You all help me keep the faith and hope even in the darkest of days. Thanks for helping me on my journey!

Hope
Old 09-22-2004, 12:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Lisa

Hugs and love for all of you guys in so much pain right now!
Old 09-22-2004, 12:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Our greatest struggles are our greatest victories
Old 09-22-2004, 09:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hope!

Hi Hope-

God I know what you're going through. My last breakup with my b/f sent me into a drinking FRENZY. Everyone said to me, "time heals all wounds, etc etc etc". i know its hard to believe, but its really true.

This site is helping me feel less alone in my disease, here's one that helped me feel less alone in my breakup: www.uplifted.net It may not be for you, but hearing other people's stories helped me through this pain too.

My thoughts are with you!
Old 09-22-2004, 10:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

In the end, everything happens for a reason.

I'm not going to lie and say it is easy, because it isn't. When you open yourself up to love, you have to be able to weather the not-so great parts. I wish you the best in your travels to come, and I hope your recovery starts and continues from your first day.

-pedagogue