Wednesday night with God-anguish and joy

Old 04-13-2016, 08:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wednesday night with God-anguish and joy

Um, to say that I almost started crying in my study would be an understatement. This journey has been filled with such emotions-such heartbreaking emotions and ugly truths about not only my ex, but myself as well. Not fun stuff or easy to deal with-but necessary.

Our most recebt study was on joy and anguish and how they can coincide at the same time and space as well as morph into one another. Anguish, as Beth Moore states, can be like the mind in labor. As always, the lessons I learned apply to my situation, and all of ours, so well that I have to share.

How can the source of your anguish morph into joy?

- when the same roller coaster that brought you anguish, also brings you to the best joy.
- God can take your pain and turn it into something beautiful-and your passion.
- your anguish can be transformed to joy-finding your purpose; your anguish can transform you.
- even in anguish always trust that something good will come out of this.
- biblically speaking, anguish is meant to lead to a birth-birthing something so precious to you that you would not ever trade it back in and wouldn't have those gifts without the pain.
- during the most painful times you can find your life purpose.

Our closing prayer made me immediately think of all of us here that struggle, deal with anguish, are caught with unstable ex partners and children, struggle to let go and get through the pain:

"Ransom us unharmed from the battle that is waged against us".

Anyway, I thought it was an amazing study-it's not rocket science that pain and joy can happen together but at my darkest times I must admit I did not see how God could use my pain for good-and turn it into joy. Joy was not a word that I understood nor could fathom. I get it now, I get it. I hope this helps some of y'all-it sure did get me thinking and feeling very blessed that God used my anguish to lead me to joy!

Peace to y'all tonight.
Old 04-14-2016, 08:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing this--it's true for me...I'm headed to a work meeting now but wanted to say YES!!!
Old 04-16-2016, 01:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing that 4G. Sounds like an amazing study. Sometimes we get those moments when we just 'get' something, that (once we know it) seems so simple, but it eluded us before. My own recovery journey has been full of those moments that are almost like darkness lifting as my understanding of things changes. Isn't recovery a beautiful thing.
Old 04-16-2016, 05:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

BB-yes...truly wonderful. As an ACOA and Codie it as always black and white thinking and no amount of gray in between, until I started recovery . I remember not understanding my feelings of simultaneously hating my husband but loving him at the same time...which was how I felt about my dad and mom growing up. Same with joy and anguish. They can all coexist-you don't have to pick one!

Have a great weekend, friend!
Old 04-16-2016, 05:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You as well. Xx