Notices

Realisation at 5 months sober

Old 04-11-2016, 01:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Realisation at 5 months sober

After another really turbulent couple of days last week with my head again all over the place and realisation that I am not managing this very well on my own at all I decided at the request from my wife and counsellor that I give AA another go, returned to the meeting I first attended a couple of months ago on Friday evening which is the one I felt most comfortable at originally and made my mind up that I am going to give this a real shot to making things better for dealing with this myself, the way I've been thinking has got to the point where I have been seriously considering getting out of it for good as I've just felt at a loss as to how trapped I've become inside my own head, knowing drinking is not an option and will result in losing everything / yet knowing how messed up I keep feeling and seeing no possible way out to the point where I really do keep feeling like I'm losing the plot. I know now I cannot do this without talking to others and some sort of guidance and group support - listening to others and how they work the programme and live a good / rewarding & happy / peaceful life is what I strive for and need to reach out and work hard to achieve.

My weekend has been productive and with a smile on my face - a realisation that I need to work harder with a lot of things if I am going to find any peace and live a happy / content and fulfilled life in sobriety.

Structure is most definitely required otherwise the drunken chaos I lived for is just simply going to be replaced by sober chaos, most of it in my own head and that I cannot cope with.

Have a great day / week everyone and a happy Monday to all.
Old 04-11-2016, 02:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad you're reaching out RedAndy, it's not easy to do. Before I joined AA I'd had some sober periods a few times on my own too and that had its benefits, but I'm discovering that recovery can be more fun and even more productive with others. And, surprisingly, more comfortable since there are other people around who understand what I'm dealing with.
Old 04-11-2016, 02:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're reaching out and feeling better for it Andy - great stuff

D
Old 04-11-2016, 11:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Red Andy thanks for your post, so glad you have seemed help. We are about the same time and haven't read any of your posts for a while. Good luck with AA.
Old 04-11-2016, 12:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

5 months sober is great!

And, sometimes it takes more work than others to make recovery work. I'm glad you're willing to do what it takes.
Old 04-11-2016, 12:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Congrats on the 5 months. And it's good to see you back here. Haven't seen you for awhile. Keep reaching out where ever you can.
Old 04-11-2016, 01:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on 5 months