Notices

Day 1, again.

Old 04-09-2016, 10:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1, again.

Hi guys I've been absent from this site for a while cos I have been taking coke and drinking. This weekend I had loads. On Thursday and Friday. I feel horrible, I have no money I'm really tired and I smell I can't even be bothered having a wash. I hate myself I want to be a better person please help me
Old 04-09-2016, 11:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello,

we can help you but you have to be willing to help yourself, too.
Don't get too down on yourself. I've done it a hundred times. But I've changed. It took a long time and I needed support, but I did it.
You'll find a lot of support here, and remember, you never have to drink or use again.
Old 04-09-2016, 11:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

:-( you can do it. Is there anyone that can be with you?
Old 04-09-2016, 11:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I just wanted you to know I am praying for you. You can do this....millions of people have gotten sober and you can to!

Do you have a recovery plan?
Old 04-09-2016, 11:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Please don't be too hard on yourself. It's easier said than done right now, but the coke and booze do not make you who you are. Please remember that. I know for a FACT that the person I am when I am drunk is NOT the person I truly am.

I am thinking of you. (((Lauraxxx)))
Old 04-09-2016, 11:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Having a plan really helps as does recovery meetings for both alcohol & cocaine I'm clean & sober - best decision I ever made

For now I'd advise having a hot long soak & sticking with us tonight x

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html
Old 04-09-2016, 12:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope our support can help you get clean and sober for good.
Old 04-09-2016, 12:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hello,

Glad you are back Laura!! I'm sure you don't feel motivated to get showered and dressed, but it may help you to feel a little better. Maybe you can either go for a walk, or to a meeting after.

If you are not up to going out of the house today you can always spend some time reading on SR, lots of great advice on here.
Old 04-09-2016, 12:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I hope this will be a turning point for you. I think everybody here knows how hard it is to get and stay sober. Maybe todays a good day to rethink your strategy on getting sober. Lots of good ideas here. John
Old 04-09-2016, 01:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome back Laura, you can do this!!
Old 04-09-2016, 01:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Laura, I'm sorry you're feeling so bad now. We do understand how hard this is. Be kind to yourself and stay strong in your desire to be sober.
Old 04-09-2016, 01:17 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Xoxo
Old 04-09-2016, 03:22 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Laura, I'm glad you posted about what's going on. There's no doubt you can turn everything around & reclaim your life. Please stay with us and keep posting.
Old 04-09-2016, 03:37 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

I think you should try face to face support again. I know you said in another post that meetings made you drink/use. Meeting didn't make you want to get high, your addiction did.

And meetings are just part of it, the solution is in the 12 steps. I hope you'll reconsider; its painful to watch someone struggle with no support and no one to guide them out of the web of addiction.
Old 04-10-2016, 12:28 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Wow thanks guys u are all amazing and I really appreciate/need your support. I had an early night last night and just woke up my plan for today is give a good clean of my house and pampering myself and sort myself out. I tend to get to day 5/6 and then I need to use. I hate it I hate this person I am I don't know any other life except this and I'm scared. I was thinking about going to a support group but they are quite far away and I can't afford the travel. My partner is here now but we will return to work next week and he works away. I don't have a plan what shall I do? I'm going to be open and honest with u guys
Old 04-10-2016, 12:36 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's always support here Laura - and most recovery methods have online meetings now...you could also ring your local AA/NA - you might be able to organise a lift

D
Old 04-10-2016, 01:04 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Welcome back Laura!

Try to identify the thoughts that make you go out and use on day 5 or 6. Write down a plan so you'll know what to do when those thoughts start running through your head. Something simple and comforting like a hot bath, a long walk, eating chocolate or just soaking up the sun.
Maybe ask your partner to be available to chat on the phone that day/night, or recruit a friend or family member that will stay with you, and post here as much as you'd like with any questions, thoughts or even rants. The people on here are so patient and someone is here at any time of the day. And what Dee said

For me, it tends to get a bit easier soon after the first hump because I will start to feel so much better! This might be you as well, hang in there love.
Old 04-10-2016, 02:08 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for your kind words. I have come up with a plan previously but I just didn't stick to it. I want a better life. I've been using on and off for 8 years now it can't carry on. I don't really know what makes me use just habit mainly and I think that's how to have a good night when really it isn't. I will be talking to you guys a lot