Notices

So very grateful...

Old 04-08-2016, 02:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So very grateful...

I have posted this in my daily gratitude list but wanted to share it with newcomers as a glimpse of what a difference sobriety can make...

My gratitude list today is going to be slightly different. I just wanted to express my heartfelt gratitude for that decision I didn't know I was going to make on that Monday in January, but one that has transformed my life for the better. Every day since, I have experienced a sense of relief that alcohol is no longer a part of my life. The decision to thrive in sobriety has opened the door to a great many other positive changes in my life, which it had been preventing. I am begining to finally know what it is like to be at peace with myself, to deal with difficulties from the past in a healthy and healing way. I have grown as a person and am working hard to implement the strategies I have been learning about in the inspirational audiobooks I have been listening to. I am finally beginning to love and value myself. I have given myself the gift of health; being 23 lbs lighter so far, running three times a week and fueling my body (and not my emotions) with wholesome nutritious food. I finally have a life with true meaning and happiness...and guess what...it was here for me all along x
Old 04-08-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's fantastic Nova

D
Old 04-08-2016, 02:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nova84 View Post
The decision to thrive in sobriety has opened the door to a great many other positive changes in my life, which it had been preventing. I am begining to finally know what it is like to be at peace with myself, to deal with difficulties from the past in a healthy and healing way. I have grown as a person and am working hard to implement the strategies I have been learning about in the inspirational audiobooks I have been listening to. I am finally beginning to love and value myself. I have given myself the gift of health; being 23 lbs lighter so far, running three times a week and fueling my body (and not my emotions) with wholesome nutritious food. I finally have a life with true meaning and happiness...and guess what...it was here for me all along x
Hear hear!
Great post and exactly my thoughts these days.
Congrats
Jonathan
Old 04-08-2016, 04:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Nova, that's wonderful!!! Thanks for posting.
Old 04-08-2016, 04:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wonderful post, Nova!
Old 04-08-2016, 06:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Nice post! Glad you're doing so well :-)
Old 04-08-2016, 06:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm so happy for the new life you've found, Nova. Thank you for a heartfelt post. We're glad you're part of us.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you for the inspiring post nova, and congratulations on your sobriety!
Old 04-08-2016, 11:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks guys for your comments 💜 SR has been a key component of my sobriety plan...and I am so very grateful I found the site xxx
Old 04-09-2016, 12:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

That's awesome, Nova! It reminds me of my own situation in a way. I had known for years that my drinking was a problem but it was never bad enough to make me quit. It's hard to put my finger on just what finally pushed me over the edge but out of the blue, one day I knew it was time. It was maybe the single best decisions I have made in my life.
Old 04-09-2016, 01:33 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

Excellent congratulations nova
Old 04-09-2016, 01:36 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Magsie

Excellent post, nova. Congratulations