Notices

Trying yet again

Old 04-08-2016, 03:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying yet again

Hi folks, I'm on day two. I thought I was doing ok (apart from terrible tummy pain) but I'm starting to feel it now.

It's taken my house to be a disgusting mess, my partner leaving and me missing days off work to make me determined. Oh and owing a huge water bill :-(

I have a wonderful doctor who has been tapering me really slowly from my painkiller addiction (I had steel rods put into my neck) but I stupidly didn't tell him about my alcohol problem.

Nobody knows the extent of it, they just think I'm cranky, lazy and nasty most evenings and all mornings. I have a really responsible job which involves driving, I have to stop.

I will go to a meeting when I don't feel like I'm going to throw up each time I move xx
Old 04-08-2016, 03:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on day 2 Daisy
Old 04-08-2016, 04:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Reality...what a concept!

Stay strong Daisy - you got this 💪
Old 04-08-2016, 04:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Daisy, you can do this. I hope you feel better soon, just remember it will get better - and it WILL be worth it!
Old 04-08-2016, 04:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. I bought some kudzo no idea if it's working yet - the thought of drinking makes me feel sick but the clarity is also beginning to scare me. Going to watch a film :-)
Old 04-08-2016, 04:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

hang in there Daisy. Tomorrow will be a better day for you.
All the best.
Old 04-08-2016, 04:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Daisy. Goodness, I can relate to the disgusting house and the unpaid bills. The crankiness and nasty comments (when you don't love yourself it's hard to be loving to others!) And I'm sure people thought or think I'm lazy. Fear of not succeeding, or just presuming I'd fail, was a great demotivator.

This is only day 2. Things will get better Daisy. In the meantime stick close. Try to get your the meeting asap. Chances are that it's anxiety that's doing your guts in. Have you tried some meditative breathing? It can be very helpful.

Stick close. We're here for you.
Old 04-08-2016, 04:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi daisy,

It was very recently that I felt the way you are: "I will go to a meeting when I don't feel like I'm going to throw up each time I move" after a horrible binge. My suggestion is that you have some rest and not force things today, but take the time to think about a plan that you can apply everyday to help you say sober. Going to a meeting sounds like a good idea. I would also make backup plans in case that is not enough. If you have a wonderful doctor, maybe tell him about the drinking next time, so that he can hopefully help you more effectively? I know it's hard to confess these things, but you know, most doctors with years of practice have probably encountered it many times and won't be judgmental. Perhaps you did not tell him because you did not want to stop drinking, but sounds like you have the intention now.

Congrats on day 2! For me, the first two days are always the most miserable due to the physical effects, that will definitely get better if you stay away from the drink. Wish you the best
Old 04-08-2016, 04:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yes beccybean anxiety has always given me a bad tummy. I also realised I can't remember the last time I ate so I just forced down a banana , silly me!

Please God let me beat it this time :-(. My auntie is a herbalist and she's going to send me some calming tinctures.

Don't worry I am going to be on this forum constantly. I managed 30 days a few years ago and started feeling so good so I know I can do it.

I was convincing my partner I was a normal drinker by putting vodka into my one glass of wine - it tasted disgusting I mean who does that!?
Old 04-08-2016, 04:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope this time you can stay sober for good.
Old 04-08-2016, 04:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Aellyce, yes I agree I also had thought it would be best to get him on board.

It's not easy to find doctors in the UK that can help with addictions, I just stumbled across mine because I went for another painkiller prescription - so I should really make the most of him.
Old 04-08-2016, 05:08 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Well done on Day 2 Daisy, hang on in there
Old 04-08-2016, 06:50 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I've just achieved more in the last couple of hours than I have in months! Luckily I have so much work that needs doing around my house and garden hopefully that can be my project, as well as trying to start up my running again.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:53 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yay for another runner
Old 04-08-2016, 06:53 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by daisy1 View Post
I've just achieved more in the last couple of hours than I have in months! Luckily I have so much work that needs doing around my house and garden hopefully that can be my project, as well as trying to start up my running again.
Just don't try to do everything all at once or too perfectly (you know what happens when we want things to be perfect and they aren't? We hit that Eff it button on the whole shabang). Progress not perfection, with lots of time for rest and reflection.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:15 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Daisy, I'm glad you are back and working on your recovery.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:31 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Don't worry I have also had a lie down :-)
Old 04-08-2016, 07:32 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I know I will have to communicate with my ex at some point as I have to get his stuff back to him, I'm really dreading it
Old 04-08-2016, 09:00 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by daisy1 View Post
I know I will have to communicate with my ex at some point as I have to get his stuff back to him, I'm really dreading it
Can you just box it up and put it one side for now? Perhaps a mutual friend could take it for him when he wants it.
Old 04-08-2016, 09:19 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I think that's a good idea x