Notices

back to work

Old 09-21-2004, 11:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

back to work

Just had to share my good news.I'm going back to work in the morning!This time and from now on I'll be working with a clear head.I know there will be temptations there but I've made up my mind.NO MORE BUZZ!One habit I plan to keep is to check in here everyday,I can't even begin to say how much help this forum has been for me!I thank you all.And most of all I thank God,who never left me despite how many times I told him to go.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dan

Originally Posted by Richie
And most of all I thank God,who never left me despite how many times I told him to go.
Like that Footprints in the Sand prayer eh...
Good news Richie.
You sound real good
Old 09-21-2004, 11:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

RICHIE
IT WORKS IF YOU WORK IT!!!
........ted
Old 09-21-2004, 11:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It is great you are getting back to the real world. Enjoy your job but remember to put your recovery ahead of everything else or you will end up loosing that which you have worked so hard for.
Old 09-21-2004, 12:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Red face

I second what Junem said!!!! Recovery first!!!

Congratulations on going back to work!

Hugs--
Old 09-21-2004, 02:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Thanks for all the support.I've got to get back out there sooner or later.I feel better mentally and physically now than I have in years.Not gonna give that up now!Too stubborn!!
Old 09-21-2004, 02:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
easydoesitmikey

Congradulations Richie.I read your post earlier and after I read it I also got a phone call and will be going back to work in the morning.

Old 09-21-2004, 02:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Paused

(((Richie)))

Good luck to you. I'm glad your feeling much better. Work is good, but never let your gaurd down. Old habits can lurk close behind. Have a great day...

Talia
Old 09-21-2004, 02:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Paused

(((easydoesitmikey)))

Ditto...and good luck to you also.
Old 09-21-2004, 03:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
easydoesitmikey

thank you 2day,my recovery comes first.i am very happy to go back to work and occupy my time,get my health back and be able to pay my bills again.we have an AA round-up going on this weekend that i registered for a while back before i relapsed.i am really looking forward to going.

Old 09-21-2004, 03:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Paused

Sounds great. Have a great time. Hey... we're almost neighbors. Are states share borders. I live up above you. There is a function taking place here this weekend also. Take care...
Old 09-21-2004, 03:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

(((((((Richie)))))))
My old nickname too cuz I looked like Opie Cunningham(Ron Howard) on the Andy Griffith Show. Congrats on the position and returning to gainful employment. The gifts keep coming and balance was definitely a good suggestion for me as well. Keep on your guard as mentioned and trust HP as you step forward into the continuing gift of Sobriety! ((((((Talia)))))

((((((EasyDoesItMikey))))))) Congrats as well and enjoy the Round Up! Might meet some old friends of mine from down yonder in Oregone!

((((((((SR A-Z #'s Included)))))))))
Three Legs
:tri
Old 09-21-2004, 03:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Work Life

It's great that you are getting back to work but please be careful. Just because you are sober doesn't mean that work can't still be hell sometimes. I know that when I was early sober (I am now on day 105) I thought this is going to be great I am going to be awesome and focused. But then about 1 month in I found myself working really late and doing a great job and feeling really unappreciated. My boss started to just expect things from me and the rest of the people in the office started gossip about me because they were mad about my sucess. I almost started drinking again that night when I went home because I thought it didn't matter if I was sober anyway. But instead I read the Big Blue Book and decided to stay sober instead. I am so glad I did. Remember to take care of yourself now that you are going back to work. Keep up with your recovery and remember some people aren't going to like you sober because you are going to be so awesome and achieve so much. I hope you have a great day !
Old 09-21-2004, 06:10 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Thanks,and God bless you all!Good luck tomorrow Mikey.We'll both be getting back to the grind again.Got to go to bed early tonight.Hope I can sleep!This is the first place I'm coming to when I get home.
Old 09-22-2004, 05:46 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
easydoesitmikey

day 2 of my recovery and im leaving for my first day back to work in a few minutes.i got about 2 hours of sleep last night cause i have my schedule messed up.shouldnt be a problem sleeping tonight.the next few days are really gonna be hard,the cravings are severe.and im really scared.i need a meeting after work then a good meal and some sleep.i am very gratefull that God has givin me this job and an opportunity to get clean again.i know these cravings will pass,but right now its hard.im also glad i have this place to go to.i hope everyone has a great day. mike