Making lemonade with Tuesday's lemon

Old 04-07-2016, 04:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Making lemonade with Tuesday's lemon

Hello all,

After last this Tuesday's episode of TNT, I've finally kicked myself in the butt and decided to follow one of the most important advice I've received here and from friends : Take care of yourself.

Last Tuesday has convinced me that I was in dire need of a break. The fact that I've had no contact with XABF (apart from last Tuesday) doesn't change the fact that the relationship has been hard, and still is on me.

So yesterday, when I saw a 1 week trip to a fairly decent all inclusive resort in Roatan at a price that suited my budget, I was very tempted and decided to think about it seriously. And then, it started to snow... Snow, in April, when last week it was 16 celcius! I just couldn't take it anymore!

So this morning, while drinking my first coffee, I booked it! After a full year without rarely two days off from work in a row, I deserve a vacation!

In less than a month, I'll be on the beach, sipping a virgin pina colada, soaking up some vitamin Sea and probably getting my PADI certification.

My love life may have been terrible for the last year, and it may still be hard when I come back, but I'll be getting a full week of me time. I'll be able to disconect completly, no internet, no emails from clients, no nothing! Just peace!

So thank you all, it is your support that has made it easier to see trough the fog and that has reminded me that the most important person in my life is me!!
Old 04-07-2016, 04:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds perfect! Good for you!
Old 04-07-2016, 04:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Goooooooo!!! Sweet, Kata! Can't wait to hear about it
Old 04-07-2016, 05:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

FOG - Can't wait to be there!

24 days to go!
Old 04-07-2016, 05:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow Roatan is lovely!! That´s just great, so happy you´re going!

I got my padi years ago in neighboring Utila, you could take a look there too...
Old 04-07-2016, 05:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Bluelily, The prices are good in West Bay. Well good is a relative term when you've got to deal with the CAD to USD exchange rate...

I'm thinking of getting the certification, but I'm not convinced yet. I would've loved to learn kitesurfing, but it seems it won't be possible there. I'm more of a surf kinda girl (not that I'm any good), so I might not used it enough...

Anything else worth doing in Roatan for an active person? Laying on a beach for 7 days is just not an option. I'll go crazy!
Old 04-07-2016, 06:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes, I´m not good at laying around on the beach either. I think you could go kayaking... but really, when you´re there you will want to scuba dive! I´m not too confident in the water myself but when I was there it was just the natural thing to do and not hard at all, much easier than surfing I´m sure.
Old 04-07-2016, 06:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Oh well, if all I want to do once i'm there is scuba dive, then scuba dive I will!
Old 04-07-2016, 06:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

OMG Roatan is gorgeous! i went there years ago....like 35 years ago? at the time my bf/future ex husband/father of my only child's parent's co-owned a small shack way down at the other end of the island from the "town" and the "airport" - at the time it was just called The Lodge. in a protected bay. first and only time scuba diving.......amazing.

good for you hon. go,enjoy, absorb the beauty and the experience. be prepared to get eaten alive by sand fleas......at one point we counted about 30 bites on just one of my legs. i was pepto bismal pink with caladryl lotion! LOL
Old 04-07-2016, 06:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Anvil! Thanks, I'll remember to bring the calamine lotion!
Old 04-07-2016, 07:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

i truly remember so many parts of that trip as if it happened yesterday! i was sick the whole way there......we land on the "runway" of roatan, then have to pile on busses to get to the docks of town....load onto a 35' boat with an open back end......and travel for THREE HOURS in really choppy waves and good 8 foot swells....AT NIGHT....i hung onto Brian's leg and chummed the entire way.

we arrive at the dock of the lodge, grab our gear, get directed to different cabins and collapse.

and wake up IN PARADISE.

so i went from GREEN on the boatrip to PINK from the bites.
Old 04-07-2016, 07:17 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

This is wonderful news, Kata! I'm so excited for you and this much needed time you will be gifting to yourself!
Old 04-08-2016, 06:07 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Kata....that is wonderful news! Good for you! Way to make the lemonade for sure!

I would love to do the same but after paying off these huge mutual debts we had, that's not happening. That's ok though, I plan to still do some small stuff to take care of me! And....one of my best friends who lives near me just bought a hot tub and says I can come over anytime....YES!

TGIF!
Old 04-08-2016, 08:35 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Whoohoo! That will be so much fun! You deserve it!
Old 04-08-2016, 08:53 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Wow what a gorgeous getaway! You deserve it!
Old 04-08-2016, 02:54 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your wonderful wishes!

While readings your comments, and with the comments my friends made, I realized something. Everybody said things along the lines of : enjoy, have fun, how nice, you deserve etc.

None of you and none of my friends have said what the XABF would say everytime I did something nice for me or somethibg good happened to me, which was: Oh, your so lucky, I wish I could go on a trip like this. And that would made me angry. I hate when people say I'm lucky...

It's not luck! It simply the result of hard work!

Anyway, thank you all!
Old 04-08-2016, 03:23 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

^ yes-my ex was that way as well...others were lucky and he always got the short end of the stick. Go and have a great time-you do deserve it!
Old 04-08-2016, 04:18 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

^ oh god I heard that all the time... I worked hard to be able to afford the life I want... And now I have it. There is nothing better than a well timed vacation! Have a blast!