Notices

understanding treatment

Old 04-07-2016, 02:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

understanding treatment

I have been a bit consumed with life and haven't found much time to come back on here . My boyfriend is an opiate addict, who has started treatment for now his second time about two months ago. I guess what I am looking for is someone to help me understand. He isn't in a full time or part time rehab treatment but instead is doing one on one sessions with a addiction therapist and attending meetings, while also being placed on suboxone treatment. Coming from a medical background originally i was totally anti-suboxone but I have come to realize I may have misconceptions of this drug. I guess my concerns started when i found out his psychiatrist who is in charge of his suboxone treatment prescribed him klonopine. I understand one of the side effects is insomnia , and my boyfriend said that was one reason why he was given it. My other concern is the length of treatment, originally it was going to be 2 months but then that was extended to 6. Why would this happen? I find it hard for me to trust that he is really doing the right thing and I feel bad about that but in the past my gut instinct has proven to be correct. My lack of trust stems from the fact that I know while he was using in the past he would sometimes get suboxone to help on days he couldn't find anything else and to prevent doing into withdrawal. Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated.