Notices

48 days and overwhelmed

Old 04-05-2016, 09:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

48 days and overwhelmed

These past 48 days have been really great for my family and I. I'm getting my relationship back together, work is going good, my attitude is way better about life in general. I'm accomplishing a hell of a lot. The best thing of it all is that I can at least remember each and every single day and wake up not hating life. I give my employer an honest days work and come home clear headed to my family, but I'm still dealing with the issues of my pre-sober days.

Take today for example the wife and I go to this workout class and we get home to eat dinner with the kids and our 12 yr old tells us that there was someone knocking on the door asking for either of us. Basically they were serving us papers. Now I already know what they were serving as it was served improperly the first time. Basically the first DUI I had was a fender bender accident if any damage at all. Anyhow this 19 yr old is suing my wife and I for all these injuries he suffered. Mind you there was no damage to the car I was driving and his rear bumper was off by a few inches. No ambulance/paramedics, no anything. The police were on scene and I'm sure they have a report of it all. Anyhow our insurance covers 100,000 for things like this. I don't think this kid should get a penny. Hes claiming he suffered all these injuries so now I have to go to trial for that. I still have to go to court for the preliminary hearing come August for the felony I received on my last bender. I have more court come May 12th as I didn't stay out of trouble since my first DUI. I'm just worried and concerned. I wish all this legal stuff would just go the hell away. My life is in someone else's hands right now when I go to court. I'm just so stressed because there isn't anything I can do about it. I repeat the serenity prayer often to calm myself down.

Just really overwhelmed because it's just no matter what I do it just keeps staring me in the face like look at what I have to deal with sober or not.

Just smh!
Old 04-05-2016, 09:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just really overwhelmed because it's just no matter what I do it just keeps staring me in the face like look at what I have to deal with sober or not.
It may seem that way getitright, but believe me you can get through this and consign the past to the past.

Stay sober and you'll never have to worry about DUIs again, right?

If the guys trying to pull a fast one chances are he'll get his just desserts,

Try and stay positive

D
Old 04-05-2016, 10:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I recently backed into someone. It caused a small (2") dent. Honestly a cup of coffee wouldn't have spilled in that car. They claimed they were hurt and my insurance paid them off. Never found out how much but I'm thinking 5 to 10K. No ambulance no injury-they will not get that much. Your insurance company should be handling it unless it's a criminal thing.

I know how stressful DUI's and court can be. In my cases or cases it was never as bad as I worried about. It is never pleasant but you will get through this. Keep going to AA and praying, it never hurts to have someone in your corner.

I've had many future court dates to worry about. It's good to take your mind of it if you can. Sometimes just going for a walk or playing with your kids might help.
Old 04-06-2016, 12:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on 48 days