Notices

New here...

Old 04-05-2016, 10:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New here...

Hi guys I'm Shan I'm 28 been struggling with addiction, depression and anxiety most of my life. I'm on MMT been on the clinic a little over a year now and I just started to slowly taper off. Methadone saved my life and I'm grateful for it but i feel it's time to close this chaptered of my life and move forward. My therapist recommended I check this out since I don't feel comfortable with NA and AA, I'm not good in group settings with my anxiety and panic attacks. I'm not bashing it or anything it's just not for me. So I'm just looking for some support maybe and suggestions and possibly some input from others that are tapering or that have tapered off completely. Thanks.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Shan
Old 04-07-2016, 02:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Night owl

Hi Shan, welcome to SR. You sound like you've been through a lot but are ready for the next chapter in your life, that's great. SR can be a great place to start over, share your story and find support. Lots of people could benefit from hearing your experiences, too. If you haven't already, you might want to post in the Newcomer and Substance Abuse Forums which tend to get more activity.

Also you're getting off methadone before it becomes really difficult. That's smart. I'm doing a taper too, from highest dose of 50mgs. Not that high from what I've heard but it's been a couple of years on top of opiate use of nearly twenty years. Most of that wasn't active addiction but then I succumbed. If you want to talk about your taper I'd be interested. It's new to me, methadone is so different from my doc's, and I keep researching and trying to prepare for the final off. I've been feeling worried about it.

Sounds like you have some good supports in place,what all are you doing in your recovery?
Old 04-09-2016, 11:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Feeling tired

Hi i have been in a methadone clinic for 7yrs a 1 1/2 yrs ago i started tapering down i got down to 12mg and decided not to go back. I am on day 4 and i feel horrible. Any advice?
Old 04-09-2016, 11:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

U can do it

Originally Posted by Perfectlyflaw3d View Post
Hi guys I'm Shan I'm 28 been struggling with addiction, depression and anxiety most of my life. I'm on MMT been on the clinic a little over a year now and I just started to slowly taper off. Methadone saved my life and I'm grateful for it but i feel it's time to close this chaptered of my life and move forward. My therapist recommended I check this out since I don't feel comfortable with NA and AA, I'm not good in group settings with my anxiety and panic attacks. I'm not bashing it or anything it's just not for me. So I'm just looking for some support maybe and suggestions and possibly some input from others that are tapering or that have tapered off completely. Thanks.
Its hard but i i just keep looking at my lil boy and saying i can do this.
Old 04-09-2016, 11:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I was on 103mg a day till i started tapering