Prayers

Old 09-21-2004, 06:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Gracey

Prayers

My brother..........I love him so much....he is the closest sibling that I have........he has his journeys man card for electrician.....and was a professor at Nashville University.........I have always been so proud of him........I thought he was just the smartest guy around............he is married with a three year old...........from the outside looking in.......it just seemed like he had everything going for him.........good looking, smart, responsible.....

He was layed off, for two months.........he was getting behind on some bills......he had to file bankruptcy.......he lost his fifth Wheel, both four wheelers, both boats, his campground.....he had just purchased a year prior and did all the plumbing and wiring.....he was trying to start his own business......he worked so hard on this campground.........he is a beautiful person......inside and out.......

I am very excited to say.........that it is a very good possibility that my brother is coming home.......my brother attempted suicide last January.....he has been in the hospital since January 19th..........it has been a roller coaster ride for all of us.......and still is........He is never going to be the same again.......he is going to need someone to take care of him for the rest of his life......he have made several trips to Tenessee over the last 8 months.......we want him home.......he has been in facilities that are understaffed.....and they cannot give him the care that he needs.......they dont even like to get him out of bed.......so we have been working very hard as a family.......to get him home.......in Michigan where all of us are......so we can all help take care of him........he has 6 siblings and my parents........and his wife.......and kids....(two from previous marriage)....We have to bring him to our house for a couple of months till a bed opens up in Michigan.......No one is in Tenessee except his wife.......and she has to work all day........so she can only make it to the hospital.......a couple of hours everyday......and she cannot make it everyday...........and he is not getting taking care of.......so we need him home......we are afraid if we dont get him home.....he will die there alone........(Maybe if he comes home, he may improve)

What I am asking for is prayers.........Prayers that we can get him home safely.......prayers that we can take care of him for a couple of months.....

Old 09-21-2004, 06:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Prayers for your brother and your family.
I hope he gets home soon.
Old 09-21-2004, 06:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
believer

(((((Gracey)))))

I pray your brother makes it home soon. Prayers going out to you and your family.
Old 09-21-2004, 06:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sending prayers and light (((Gracey)))
L
Old 09-21-2004, 07:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

HI Gracey - I just said a prayer for you and your brother... (((Gracey)))
Old 09-21-2004, 07:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My prayers are with you Gracey.
Your post sounds like you are looking for long-term care for your brother in Michigan. I've been in that business for 17 years. If you need any tips on how to select a facility, what questions to ask, how to monitor his "care plan" please feel free to private message me. I'd be happy to help in any way I can.
All my best to you and your family.
Old 09-21-2004, 07:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Gracey

Thank you Alexia Thank you everyone for your prayers

With the type of brain injury he has for are surrounding area......things are limited.....I never realized all of the stipulations.....some nursing homes will not take him due to his age.......he will be 41 October, 22....he is not able to walk, yet!! before he started having seizures and before he was transferred to Alabama he was taking a couple of steps.....but after his transfer.......it seems like it has been down hill.....he has short term memory.....he remembers everything before the day, he did that to himself.......Sometimes he is at that point.....and other times he is back 10 years.......he is on so much medication......it is unreal......his pituitary gland is not functioning.......so he is on all kinds of hormones.......I had no idea how much that pea size gland had so much control over are body........

Thank you for your expertise.........but are options are very limited..........(right)??

Old 09-21-2004, 07:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have added you and your family to my prayer list. Keep your faith your HP is supporting you.
Hugs
Kat
Old 09-21-2004, 09:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sounds like he needs a rehab facility not a nursing home. Some hospitals have rehab units that are actually licensed like a nursing home instead of hospital. You may want to call your local hospitals as see if they have this type of unit. If they do, ask for the admissions nurse and tell her your brother's situation to see if they can help. If they cant, they may be able to refer you to someone who can.
Best of luck, and keep me posted.
Old 09-21-2004, 09:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Gracey

Thank you

I will keep you posted........I am so excited to the thought of him coming home and just being able to see him all the time.......Maybe all he needs is lots of love and prayers......

Old 09-21-2004, 09:45 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

gracey - prayers that our hp will bring your brother home to your family where he will hopefully improve!

higs - cwohio