Notices

first timer

Old 09-20-2004, 11:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

first timer

this is my first time posting here, i'm not sure i'm doing it right. is anybody out there?
Old 09-20-2004, 11:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Welcome...Yes it worked

Great site. Sit and read, ask questions, look about.
Sometimes there may not be anyone to answer a question at that moment. Other times you can have 20 answer at once.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanx for the reply. I was just about to give up. I told my boyfriend last week what was going on but he said he didn't understand how anyone could be addicted to anything, since he never had, and expects me to just stop and be the way I used to be. I don't know how to make him understand, and I am too ashamed to tell anyone else. I don't know how I am gonna get through this. Thanx again for listening.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

As you look about on the different threads you will see you are not alone.
Help comes in many forms. addicted? Alcohol or drugs?
Alcoholism and the AA thread would be a good start place here for alcohol.
the NA thread for drugs.
Finding a AA meeting or NA meeting in your area would be a great support and info source as well. Group of people who have been there and done that...found the solution and are willing to share.

As far as getting through this... you will.
One day at a time and with the help and support of those who have gone through it or are going through it.
Your not alone.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi IH8,

Don't worry about other people, or what they think. You're here to get YOU better - We've all bin through through this or are going through it with you. You won't get better support than here.

So many questions for you too, do keep coming back and keep talking.

Deg.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What is up.
I know what you are saying. IH8'ed everything when I first came in... It is all good
now. This is an awsome program
Old 09-21-2004, 08:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome IH8ME. You are in good company here. Only us addicts are able to understand the ravages and difficulties of our addictions. That is why we are able to help eachother. One other thing, in recovery we learn to love me and if we cannot do that at first others in recovery give us love until we can. That is the kind of support you would find both here and at AA or NA.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome Ih8. Don't hate yourself. And don't get discouraged if your BF doesn't understand. As others mentioned, us alcoholics/Addicts do understand the obsessions and compulsions. Hang out here, read the boards. You are not alone!
Old 09-21-2004, 11:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I really appreciate you all taking the time to post. It means alot. I know I won't be able to kick this by myself. In way too deep. Was thinking about the rapid detox, just trying to figure out how to get the money. Anyone know anything about it? Will the cravings still be there? Just curious, the only work I've ever done involves being around pills all day, every day. I'm scared I'm gonna have to stop doing the only thing I know how to do. I really screwed up. Thanx for listening.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Around pills every day?
RX work or nursing or...
Many employers have benifits that deal with such issues.
They would rather get you help and get you clean then throw you to the street. There are cross over jobs in the medical field that could allow you to remain in your job as well. Could ask of human resources about such things.

Really screwed up? There is always hope. This doesn't need mean the end of your job but could be a blessing that allows you to control where your job takes you. It is better to know now and control things then be told off later and fired.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
easydoesitmikey

IH8me,welcome.i am glad you are here.i hope you are doing meetings too.after a while you will love your self and hopefully change your name there.i used to live in georgia too.i am also new to this site,and new in my recovery.i had relapsed a few weeks back and got on the internet and found this place.and i love it here,i love the people here.i hope you keep coming back,and i hope you are going to meetings.geogia has plenty of them,i know.as for the rapid detox,i dont know much about it except what ive seen on tv.i dont think it will help with the cravings only the withdraw pains.anyway you hang in there.

Old 09-22-2004, 02:25 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

IH8 WELCOME,I'M TED ALKY/ADDICT
I'M WITH THE OTHERS,YOU ARE NOT ALONE.
EVERYONE DESERVES A SOBER LIFE.
YOU INCLUDED
MOST PEIPLE THAT ARE NOT LIKE US DON'T OR CAN'T UNDERSTAND.
IT'S ABOUT YOU GETTING BETTER.
STICK AROUND,YOU WILL FIND LOTS OF SUPPORT.
GODSPEED ...........ted