Notices

Anybody ever been the subject of an intervention

Old 04-04-2016, 01:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anybody ever been the subject of an intervention

I truly thought I was going home to an intervention. My wife called and said that a bunch of people were coming over and wanted me to pick up pizza (same wife who read my journal that detailed my drinking habits of old). She has been leery of me ever since regarding alcohol. She watches closely (justifiably). But it was important that I get there by 9 she said. I was just ready for it. It would have been awesome to be the soberest I have ever been and then get the intervention! Regardless, it was just a viewing party for the new Star Wars movie. Gotta love the old fear and doubt of being "found out" are strong. But it makes for a fun Monday. Happy Monday all. Hope life is great for all.
Old 04-04-2016, 01:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I love being sober, feels good doesn't it?

No need to hide from anything or be "found out".

Hope you enjoyed the movie.
Old 04-04-2016, 01:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I never was but, when I was using I think I wanted to be. I guess that you have to have people close enough to you that really care.

I finally had to do it myself and I haven't looked back.

I hope you enjoyed your movie.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Opivotal-Absolutely love going to bed sober and waking up not shaky and remembering what the hell happened last night!
Old 04-04-2016, 07:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

My family once had an intervention for me, but I WAS sober, just had a back injury and was in early recovery, so I was a mean woman!

I didn't stay sober back then, but it was during one of my attempts.

True story.

Oh, and the doctor I saw on Monday was the same one who came to the school I was teaching at on the previous Friday to see my special needs students (scoliosis checks).
Old 04-04-2016, 07:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Anyone who knew me well would not have dared staged an intervention for me, because they drank as heavily as I did. They would have been forced to face their own shortcomings, and who would purposefully choose to sober up a perfectly good drinking buddy?

No interventions f or me, my friends were in shock and denial when I quit drinking 😯
Old 04-04-2016, 07:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

"Gotta love the old fear and doubt of being "found out" are strong. "

That so called fear is optional, you know.
Old 04-04-2016, 09:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I certainly know the fear is optional, but only to the extent of optional drinking. I'm not drinking now, but I would certainly prefer that most people I know don't find out how bad I was when I was at my worst. So the fear is still there that word will spread. I'm not proud of who I was. Running into an old baseball coach at 8:30 while buying my morning six pack before work is something that makes me cringe. That's the kind of fear. But that fear keeps me from stopping at the gas station 6 times a day.