Notices

Weekend Binge Drinker & Occasional Cocaine use

Old 03-29-2016, 11:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Weekend Binge Drinker & Occasional Cocaine use

Hello SR community,

I just Spent my easter break on a binging session drinking pints and then on to spirits for 3 days with no food ... I fell out with friends said things id never sober iv been in countless trouble over alcohol... ended up taking cocaine too! Im have heavy anxiety im lethargic very tired and feeling sick still...from the withdrawal off the whole lot! I Barely made it to work this morning! I don't drink mon-thurs but usually my weekend antics with alcohol has me hungover these days so it is a constant problem in my life until a couple of days passes and I feel ok again... and then im off again drinking and it leads to all these problems... I want to stay sober and be free from this mess im in iv came here and signed up for some help and guidance and I am reading other peoples posts and can see im not the only person feeling like this which has helped.. I live in a small town and I don't know if I can face an AA meeting atm... Thanks for your time reading my post, Darrell..
Old 03-29-2016, 11:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. Drinking causes intense anxiety afterward. I hope our support can help you get sober for good.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Least
Old 03-29-2016, 11:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome and I'm glad you posted. I had terrible anxiety when I was drinking too, just awful. The good news is that you don't have to feel this way again. You can always find support here at SR and we do understand how hard this is.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks anna,

Im trying to think positive atm your reply means a lot !

Darrell
Old 03-29-2016, 11:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Welcome, Darrell!

As Least mentioned, alcohol withdrawal causes anxiety. But there is no need to feel anxiety about going to an AA meeting. I also live in a small town, and was greeted by people I knew at meetings who were glad to see me there. Everyone goes for the same reason, and no one is proud of it--that's why it's called "Anonymous."

I would recommend getting to the soonest meeting possible, as support is crucial in early recovery.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Darrell
Old 03-29-2016, 11:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Coldfusion View Post
Welcome, Darrell!

As Least mentioned, alcohol withdrawal causes anxiety. But there is no need to feel anxiety about going to an AA meeting. I also live in a small town, and was greeted by people I knew at meetings who were glad to see me there. Everyone goes for the same reason, and no one is proud of it--that's why it's called "Anonymous."

I would recommend getting to the soonest meeting possible, as support is crucial in early recovery.

Thanks coldfusion for your reply I am going to see my GP for help and input first then im going to go to a meeting for support thanks again,

Darrell
Old 03-29-2016, 12:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Binge vicious cycle

I've been there with the binge cycle - binge, recover, feel pretty good (hey, I'm normal after all!) and decide to have "a drink", which leads to another regretful evening or weekend. I am tired on being on that treadmill. So I'm going to give AA another try - and actually do the work. I'm a bit uncomfortable in groups but doing this on my own is not working. Tomorrow at 7 am is the next meeting - right down from my house about a half block. Maybe think about trying another meeting, too. This community is also a god send. Keep checking in and get a plan together. We can do this!
Old 03-29-2016, 12:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Naltrexone

Darrell - Also, when you see your GP, ask him about Naltrexone. I had to educate my GP about it's effectiveness to eliminate binge drinking by taking a pill when you feel the urge. Google it - a lot of people have had good success on it. The trick is you gotta take the darn pill before you pick up a drink. I'm going back on it.
Old 03-29-2016, 12:47 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks beaniebaby hope your ok and yes any positive is a plus! I know the binge cycle is horrible! Just as bad as drinking everyday... 2 days drinking leaves me in a horrible way for at leased 4 days after... Binge drinking is just any bit as bad as "daily drinking" you suffer either way... Im finding I need help with what triggers me to want to drink sometimes I can go 3-4 weeks sober then boom first drink 2 days drinking back in the same old cycle sick for days after... Im not going to take any medication just plain sober for me...Thanks for your time and reply.. Darrell