Notices

really need to stop.

Old 03-28-2016, 03:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

really need to stop.

It's been along time since ive posted here but I need to really stop drinking . Recently I started a new job and was doing really good before I started the job I quit drinking and smoking for 3 weeks . Then a week in of course slow but surely I started smoking again and then drinking on Fridays for about 3 months then it started happening during the week . This past week I drank every single day...and last night I drank way to much that I had to call out today how selfish of me. So today was just a miserable and depressing day. I have to come up with a good plan and stick to it.

I already emptied all the alcohol in the house which is a start. I know what I have to do its just taking action and doing it. Just one day at a time . Ive never drank this much before and I can see how progressively bad it can get even though I feel like complete crap today and all week I still think about drinking I cant take it anymore.
Old 03-28-2016, 03:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on a great start! I've been where you are too many times to count. Tomorrow is another day to start fresh. I've found my monthly class on SR to be very supportive and motivating. I highly recommend joining the March 2016 and checking in daily for support. Do you have a plan in place?
Old 03-28-2016, 04:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well coming on here everyday is part of my plan. Drinking enough water and not being hungry. Giving everything I do 100% . Getting enough rest as possible and staying busy
Old 03-28-2016, 04:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi FYMS - welcome back
Well coming on here everyday is part of my plan. Drinking enough water and not being hungry. Giving everything I do 100% . Getting enough rest as possible and staying busy
I'll be honest I think you need a better plan than this

You've been at this a long time and the problems getting worse - I think you need to consider throwing more at it?

You may have to reconsider things, various outside help, that you've dismissed in the past.

There are some good ideas on plans here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

D
Old 03-28-2016, 04:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back, sounds like you are very determined this time around. It's good that you realize the importance of a plan as well, hope we can help you make one and keep it!
Old 03-28-2016, 04:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope this can be your last day one.
Old 03-28-2016, 04:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes I need to make a better plan . And actually stick to it . Im young at 24 with a good head on my shoulders and a good future so far in the makings but I still seem to just screw up with the drinking. Especially this past week drinking everyday ive never done that before and it scares me for what things could be like if I dont stop now. And missing work today because I drank way to much and when I woke up I was still drink . Not to happy with my self but all I can do is move foward right .
Old 03-28-2016, 04:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

My advice would be reach out if you feel like drinking do not bottle it up your going to do this I have faith in your recovery we all do bud

In this together
Old 03-28-2016, 06:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Question? Has dumping the alcohol and telling yourself that you have to quit ever worked in the past?

If not you may wish to look at options outside of your comfort zone
Old 03-28-2016, 06:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree that a good plan will be very helpful. You've gotten lots of good advice here, so I hope that you do decide to live a sober life.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome back! I agree with everyone that a plan is critical. I am getting really close to 90 days, and it is because I have stuck with my plan this time. You are still very young, and smart to get sober at 24, I wish I had.

I hope you are feeling better tomorrow, and I look forward to seeing you on SR!