Notices

So i'm studying for my exam

Old 03-27-2016, 02:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So i'm studying for my exam

That I am taking this Friday. I'm stressed about it. It's a four hour, 200 question multiple choice test that costs a lot of money to take. 60% is required to pass, so not easy material. I have focus issues to begin with ... I'm distracted by the noise of my family... I'm distracted with thoughts of what is to come at work this week... I'm distracted with thoughts of when I can reasonably study versus workout versus work versus spend time with my family til Friday.. I'm distracted with figuring out who is watching the kids tomorrow or if I will end up taking off work (more stress) or if my husband will have to because I procrastinated about getting those arrangements made because I was stressed about work and this test and Easter prep... I am distracted because my dad is upset with me because he stopped by earlier than I expected to see the kids and no one heard the door and he went home upset with us...

I'm distracted..

But it occurs to me that if I were drinking, I'd care a lot less about the stressors but there is no way I'd be up for the challenge of this exam...

And for that I am thankful.
Old 03-27-2016, 02:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

If you were drinking, you would fail for sure.

Sounds like you have a full life w some upcoming opportunities.

Great job living sober. We here all know it is the best way to go.
Old 03-27-2016, 03:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

You didn't hear the door because your sober & busy it happens explain that to him tomorrow & try not to worry about the test but revise in bitesize chunks my niece is in her 3rd year of uni and I'm always trying to help - if I'm asked lol

There is study music that is meant to help by way of focused relaxation
Old 03-27-2016, 04:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
You didn't hear the door because your sober & busy it happens explain that to him tomorrow & try not to worry about the test but revise in bitesize chunks my niece is in her 3rd year of uni and I'm always trying to help - if I'm asked lol There is study music that is meant to help by way of focused relaxation
actually because dad arrived early I wasn't here ... I went do swim some laps and pick up groceries, husband was working out and kids were playing a game. I feel guilty abut throngs easily, always have - but it really wasn't my fault. Dads been a bit low of late though so I feel extra bad for him winding up frustrated with the experience, since he was dropping off presents for the kids.
Old 03-27-2016, 04:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sure you'll ace the exam ICDB but good luck

D
Old 03-27-2016, 04:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks dee. I'll take all the luck I can get :-). I want this to be once and done and not need to use the money back guarantee for the training I attended.
Old 03-27-2016, 04:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Not now, not again, not ever.

If you ever need something to filter out background noise or just help you focus/relax, try out mynoise.net! It's a site with lots of wonderful and customizable soundscapes. I use it pretty much all the time for studying, gaming, and easing my anxiety.

And it's a great thing that you've resisted the urge. I know that I'd have an awful time studying while drinking, even a little bit. That'd probably make me even more prone to being distracted!

Good luck on your exam.
Old 03-27-2016, 05:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks. I'll check it out. Thus far I'm using a meditation channel on Pandora.