Notices

Urgent

Old 03-18-2016, 03:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Urgent

If I didn't start on December 15, 2015. It was going to be my sobriety for two years by December 31, 2015. So we can say I was sober for 2 years. I started easily as like everyone. My last couple experiences (the latest on Tuesday night) ended with brownouts (actually some blackouts as well). So I decided that was my time up for 3 months (December 15-March 15)
Right now I am home alone. Going through a tough time in all areas (financially, problems with x, problems with new boyfriend, problem with my teenage son), plus since I was sober I started to write stories. Now since I started drinking that diminished as well. Tonight I sat, and can't write a single word. That made me feel very bad together with other problems. Now I want to drink. Struggling hard. I want to postpone my requitting date to next Monday. But I know if I drink when I am down things might go out of hand. Please helpppp. I feel like I am seconds away from the refrigerator to go and grab the vodka. My doctor had issued a medication to take to stop my craving. Should I take that now? Kind of scared to do that as well. Since it is a new medication.
Old 03-18-2016, 03:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't know about the medication. You might call a pharmacist if you can't reach a Dr.
Don't drink now. If you're still sober, stay that way. You know the drill - you'll keep finding excuses to put it off.
Think about how nice it will be to wake up without a hangover tomorrow.
I'm sure others will chime in here - keep posting and distract yourself on SR tonight.
Old 03-18-2016, 03:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Get rid of the vodka and any other alcohol in the house STAT. Then take a bath, go for a walk, eat a pint of ice cream, play video games, whatever it takes...

You know you'll just come up with another reason to delay. I had a zillion of them.
Old 03-18-2016, 03:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hey Mia you have us to lean on excellent job reaching out try these links and keep posting here it will take your mind off the craving before you know it x

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

In this together
Old 03-18-2016, 03:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

If you have a medicine to reduce cravings, why not make use of it? Can't hurt and might help. And if your doctor prescribed it, he must have felt it would help you.

As to the immediate situation - get rid of the alcohol. Pour it out. And if it belongs to someone else, ask them to put it somewhere out of your sight.

It gets easier to resist each time you do it. Don't drink, no matter what!
Old 03-18-2016, 03:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FLCamper View Post
I don't know about the medication. You might call a pharmacist if you can't reach a Dr.
Don't drink now. If you're still sober, stay that way. You know the drill - you'll keep finding excuses to put it off.
Think about how nice it will be to wake up without a hangover tomorrow.
I'm sure others will chime in here - keep posting and distract yourself on SR tonight.
I took it already .I mean the medication. Didn't want to take the chance while waiting the support answers. But the thing I don't understand is this overtime I start I feel I will drink normal. And some times I do. What is the difference so that when some times I get black outs some times I don't. so maybe if I drank tonight it would be only one glass
Old 03-18-2016, 03:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ariesagain View Post
Get rid of the vodka and any other alcohol in the house STAT. Then take a bath, go for a walk, eat a pint of ice cream, play video games, whatever it takes...

You know you'll just come up with another reason to delay. I had a zillion of them.
I took the medication. It is 1.00 am here. I will try sleeping. The thing is I was extra tense since I couldnt write a word since 8.30 pm. That stressed me out as well
Old 03-18-2016, 03:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

One is too many a thousand is never enough - Mia listen to your sober friends that is pure AV it will never be one drink you know it won't

Stick with us here xx
Old 03-18-2016, 03:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mia1972 View Post

I want to postpone my requitting date to next Monday.
Sometimes we are only fooling ourselves by moving that date around.
The best time in which to stop drinking is ASAP.
M-Bob
Old 03-18-2016, 03:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
One is too many a thousand is never enough - Mia listen to your sober friends that is pure AV it will never be one drink you know it won't

Stick with us here xx
that is what I am doing. I quit everything and writing here
I somehow don't want to pour that bottle
why???
Old 03-18-2016, 03:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
~sb

the powerlessness I have is that I don't know where the first drink will lead me to.

will it be a brown-out or a black-out? will I be ok? will I say or do something I will regret? will I get a dui? will I hurt another person?

because I know deep in my heart I can't predict where that first one will lead me to, I choose not to drink that first one today.

Please stick to your commitment of staying stopped!!! You won't regret that decision!
Old 03-18-2016, 03:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mountainmanbob View Post
Sometimes we are only fooling ourselves by moving that date around.
The best time in which to stop drinking is ASAP.
M-Bob
I took the medicine to take the urge away. I am scared because I never had an urge before. First time tonight. On December 15 I started to drink after 2 years because we had a big celebration. not because I had an urge .Tonight I seriously had that urge !!!!!
Old 03-18-2016, 03:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
the powerlessness I have is that I don't know where the first drink will lead me to.

will it be a brown-out or a black-out? will I be ok? will I say or do something I will regret? will I get a dui? will I hurt another person?

because I know deep in my heart I can't predict where that first one will lead me to, I choose not to drink that first one today.

Please stick to your commitment of staying stopped!!! You won't regret that decision!
I think I have to spend more time here....
Old 03-18-2016, 03:54 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post

what is dui
Old 03-18-2016, 03:55 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Do your best

that is what I am doing. I quit everything and writing here
I somehow don't want to pour that bottle
why???
Bcause of alcoholism best thing you can do is pour it away x
Old 03-18-2016, 03:57 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Bcause of alcoholism best thing you can do is pour it away x
you know what I still consider my self abuser of alcohol not alcoholism. I think some one should persuade me in that. Maybe that is why I trusted my self and put my self in those situations the last 3 months. I lost my belief in myself
If I did this after 2 years that means I can always break this and do it again
Old 03-18-2016, 03:57 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

what is dui
Driving Under the Influence (drunk driving)
Old 03-18-2016, 03:59 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
Driving Under the Influence (drunk driving)
I did that
twice in last week
don't even know how I drove...
how I got there
I feel so ****** even talking about it now
Old 03-18-2016, 03:59 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Stay strong Mia pour the vodka down the sink pleasedont go back to the way you used to be xxxx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
45969_motivation_190.jpg (57.5 KB, 91 views)
Old 03-18-2016, 04:01 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by waterlogged View Post
Stay strong Mia pour the vodka down the sink pleasedont go back to the way you used to be xxxx
I took the medicine. And now writing makes me good with you all. But somehow resisting to pour it down. I am feeling some time I will drink again.