Notices

Quick packed post

Old 03-18-2016, 03:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Quick packed post

Everything is going really good in terms of sobriety and health; with subtle changes. I think my blood pressure is dropping with the exercise, I feel dizzy after sitting for awhile. I also think my brain synapses/receptors are fighting each other over the pain medication and endorphin's that are released through strenuous exercise. I feel a little "amped" in the mornings, like moderate withdrawal from the medication.

Now, the rest of the week has been insane. I caught my dad attempting to steal pills again, so they have been locked up. Done.

A friend of mine from college and wrestling world died two days ago. Was a 3 time champion in high school. Heart attack. No doubt alcohol played a factor. 47 years old. Lost his way, badly.

Another friend from my bodybuilding days died in a hotel room in Vegas, heart attack. Had been on the straight and narrow for a long time. Don't know what happened. 42 years old.

Another lifelong friend of mine had a heart attack last week. I just found out. He is the guy who installed the handicap bars in my bathrooms for me to get around. 54 years old, triple by-pass. 99% blockage in two places, lucky to be alive. Called and talked to him today for awhile. He seems to be doing as good as expected.

Crazy week. Hope you all are well.
Old 03-18-2016, 03:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow, that's a lot to deal with...sounds like you're handling it all pretty well.

In a way, having all these reminders that life and time are in fact not infinite is helpful...for me, it's been too easy to say, "Oh, I'll quit again someday" over the years but when people your age start checking out? Someday might not come.

You're doing great!
Old 03-18-2016, 03:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

That's a lot Jeff and you have my condolences the sad truth is people die every day from addiction and it is heartbreaking on all those left behind so if I can help at any time just by listening let me know I'm there Jeff

Good job clamping down on pops too you are doing the right thing bud

Hang in there
Old 03-18-2016, 04:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your losses Jeff, but I'm glad you're doing OK

D
Old 03-18-2016, 05:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Once again, this series of events provides perspective, which I think is important when trying to overcome obstacles.
Old 03-19-2016, 03:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sorry for your losses, keeping you in my thoughts.