Keep us in your prayers!

Old 09-18-2004, 06:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
The Tot Lot

Keep us in your prayers!

Tomorrow is our first visitation with H since he admitted himself to the treatment center. We've not seen him in almost 2 weeks. We've talked everyday, though.

Over the past couple of weeks it seems I can hear changes in his voice and comments. But I'm so nervous! I have not any clue what to expect. THe last time I saw him I was sooo angry. Since I've not seen him, I don't know how I'll react when I do. I know that the right thing to do is to not let my anger get the best of me, but UGH! it is so damn hard.

Then we go in on Monday and Tuesday for their family counseling/therapy sessions. Again, I have not a clue what to expect.

Tomorrows visit will be the kids and me. The family counseling/therapy will be me and his mom. Our children are too young to participate (3 years and 9 months) in it.

So just keep us in your prayers that everything goes well.
Old 09-18-2004, 06:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

WillandSam......try to think of the positive side of things and not the past- try to let go of the fact that you were angry with him only remember that he is where he needs to be and hold that close to your heart. That is the greatest step any A can make and he has made it! Kudos to him. Now try to move forward with this. Lots of prayers and comfort to you!
Old 09-18-2004, 06:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

(((willandsam)))

I'm planting a seed. Good luck...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
peaceseedtitlegraphic.jpg (12.1 KB, 34 views)
Old 09-18-2004, 06:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I feel for you. I remember years ago when my brother was in a rehab facility for alcoholism and my parents went to the family counseling meetings as well as his wife. It is scary and it's new and different, and after having had such hopes to only be disappointed in the past - it's very normal for you to feel hestitant and nervous.
I'm sending you positive vibes and my well wishes. I hope that it goes well for you all.
Old 09-18-2004, 06:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

((( willandsam! )))
Old 09-18-2004, 07:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
The Tot Lot

Thanks everyone for the quick **{hugs}}!

I'm new to the boards here and jusst realized the where I posted this is more for Al-Anon and my AH is in treatment for crack addiction. He does drink and I don't think that he'll be able to going forward. In the past, he has been known to drink too much and several family members and friends have been concerned about it. He basically just traded drinking for crack -- geez, WTF was he thinking (guess he wasn't).

So please don't hold it against me for posting in the wrong section.

M
Old 09-18-2004, 07:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

No hun you are in the right place also and I know how you feel my boyfriend tried the samething he wound up the same way your hubby did. Now its alcohol, pot, crack, meth, and pills or basically anything he can get his hands on. He is considered good when he only does alcohol and pot go figure. I wish he would go into rehab but he is not ready yet I only pray one day he will be. Hugs to you and positive vibes.
Rose