Thinking out loud....

Old 09-18-2004, 06:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Unhappy Thinking out loud....

I just posted to another persons thread who said she was happy. Happy is so very good

I am not happy. Not sure why. I am a miserable biotch. Not happy lately.

I am glad that hubby is still sober because I'd probably kill him or me if I was going through the drinking stuff.

I am just not happy. I hope its a phase.

That is all
Old 09-18-2004, 06:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

((((Hugs)))) Debbie....I'm sorry your not happy-when I'm unhappy I try to do something that I really enjoy and figure out then why I'm so unhappy and try to work through it the best that I can. Do something for you that you love! (((Hugs)))
Old 09-18-2004, 06:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've come a long way in my recovery this past year.
But you know what......there are still times that I still feel like I'm unhappy. AH still does things that just get under my skin and make me miserable. (I posted about this not too long ago)
I think that it's kind of normal for us to feel that way. We've endured so much, lost so much, greived for so much, etc. We need time to heal.
Don't be so hard on yourself. It's one day at a time, remember?
Old 09-18-2004, 06:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((( Debbie!!! )))
Old 09-18-2004, 07:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Thanks for the support and the hugs. Perhaps its the change in the seasons, perhaps I post menapausal....yikes!! I know I can't be "happy" all the time but today seems unusually bad. You are quite right, One Day at a Time.....I seem to forget that sometimes.

I just colored my hair (my whole head is blonde again....damn dark roots ) Tomorrow I have a Christening to go for the cutest little baby boy. Perhaps seeing that little ray of sunshine will lift my spirits.

Hugs back to all of you
Old 09-19-2004, 04:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((Deb)))
Sending some light your way.
Love you,
Gabe
Old 09-19-2004, 04:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

(((Debbie)))

I'm so sorry you're blue. Something we sometimes forget...there are people in relationships that never had a problem with alcohol or drugs who are not happy, and it takes looking seriously at the relationship to see if something can be done to bring it alive again. Unhappiness in a relationship is not just caused by addiction, but can have many causes.

Maybe getting some relationship counselling would help, or just having a talk with hubby to discuss what you two enjoy doing together that you haven't done for a long time. Getting out for a nice dinner, a country drive, this time of year fall fairs are abundant and fun, go see a movie, find a hobby that you each would enjoy...just anything to keep the relationship from getting stagnant.

And if he won't join in, then make a point of doing something for you that is fun and enjoyable.

It's okay to be blue, we all feel that way sometimes, but it's up to us not to hang out there too long.

Oh, and see your doctor and get hormones if you are having all the fun symptoms of menopause. You don't have to suffer, and believe me, if that is the problem it will make a huge difference....no, it will make a HUGE difference.

Huge hugs
Ann
Old 09-19-2004, 06:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm not "happy" either so I'm going to take a nice shower, get dressed, put my face on, fix my hair and go to the store. Then I'm gonna hang out with the kids and watch the football game and squeel until they tell me "MOM! SHUT UP!!!"
It ain't much but it's better than sitting here in my PJ's all day feeling sorry for myself right? Hey, I guess I'll take what I can get.

HUGS
Old 09-19-2004, 04:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Menopausal? Well heck... why didn't you say so? LOL Eat soy products. Lots of soy products. Yeh, I thought it was stupid too, but I swear there's something to it.
Old 09-19-2004, 04:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
believer

((((((Debbie))))))

I've been thinking about you and this post all day and unfortunately, I wasn't able to come up with any words of wisdom, but hopefully this will pass. (I'm referring to your mood, not my inability to come up with something to say!)

You've been way too quiet!

Love and hugs,
JG
Old 09-19-2004, 07:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Well, I must say I am a bit better. I went to a Christening and seeing that beautiful baby and old friends made me pause and think I have a lot to be thankful for. It will pass - I think I just need a good rest And Smoke, soy? I don't think so

Hugs to everyone and thanks for thinking of me