Notices

Two weeks later.

Old 03-14-2016, 10:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Two weeks later.

Today was day one of my 4th training cycle. Just finished and I'm cooling down, drenched with sweat. The pieces of the puzzle of my life are falling in place. Physically I feel invigorated as opposed to sick, and I'm able to push it pretty hard considering my condition. For me personally, my quality of life doubles when I am in an active exercise program.

I have turned to food and cooking to fill space (I like to eat). My wife loves fish, so Friday we had a fish fry, turned out excellent. Saturday my Dad wanted me to come over and make some of those pheasants I shot last fall. It was really good, but not great. Not sure why. Thursday is St. Patrick's day and its always corned beef and cabbage.

Not drinking (for me) is established in my house, my wife has never been happier. I haven't told anyone. I went to my parents and as always they offered a drink, but I told em no, that I'm trying to get in shape, which is true. Picked up my medication this morning and we have gone down another 10MG per day. We'll see if I suffer any withdrawal effects.

I guess my whole point is that slowly but surely I am able to live my life pretty normally without drinking episodes. Its almost as if each new day is better than the one before it. So, for anyone new, there is no question those early days are extremely difficult. But if you are able to weather the storm and expand your horizons a little, there is a good possibility you will be able to build upon each day and before you know it, you feel free, and you're not obsessing. Yet I will say this, my rule still stands, if I fall, I will go to rehab. I don't want any part of the alcoholic lifestyle I used to lead. Have a good day, maybe even a great day.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

One fine post; I'm happy for you and wish you continued success.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Today was day one of my 4th training cycle. Just finished and I'm cooling down, drenched with sweat. The pieces of the puzzle of my life are falling in place. Physically I feel invigorated as opposed to sick, and I'm able to push it pretty hard considering my condition. For me personally, my quality of life doubles when I am in an active exercise program.

I have turned to food and cooking to fill space (I like to eat). My wife loves fish, so Friday we had a fish fry, turned out excellent. Saturday my Dad wanted me to come over and make some of those pheasants I shot last fall. It was really good, but not great. Not sure why. Thursday is St. Patrick's day and its always corned beef and cabbage.

Not drinking (for me) is established in my house, my wife has never been happier. I haven't told anyone. I went to my parents and as always they offered a drink, but I told em no, that I'm trying to get in shape, which is true. Picked up my medication this morning and we have gone down another 10MG per day. We'll see if I suffer any withdrawal effects.

I guess my whole point is that slowly but surely I am able to live my life pretty normally without drinking episodes. Its almost as if each new day is better than the one before it. So, for anyone new, there is no question those early days are extremely difficult. But if you are able to weather the storm and expand your horizons a little, there is a good possibility you will be able to build upon each day and before you know it, you feel free, and you're not obsessing. Yet I will say this, my rule still stands, if I fall, I will go to rehab. I don't want any part of the alcoholic lifestyle I used to lead. Have a good day, maybe even a great day.

Wonderful and inspirational post, Jeff. so very happy for you, friend.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Excellent post Jeff
Old 03-14-2016, 12:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

good post, Jeff.

and thanks for putting thoughts of a FISH FRY into my head.....but i want a proper Wisconsin Friday Night Fish Fry with perch and walleye....preferably without the 2500 mile road trip!
Old 03-14-2016, 12:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post

Very inspiring post; thank you.
Old 03-14-2016, 12:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great job Jeff!
Old 03-14-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Fantastic Jeff!!
Old 03-14-2016, 03:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to hear of your progress Jeff - sounds like you're doing great
Old 03-14-2016, 04:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Jeff, great stuff!
Old 03-14-2016, 05:38 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
good post, Jeff.

and thanks for putting thoughts of a FISH FRY into my head.....but i want a proper Wisconsin Friday Night Fish Fry with perch and walleye....preferably without the 2500 mile road trip!
So you are familiar with said tradition? neat. Yeah, 2500 miles for a meal is probably a stretch. But they are the best.
Old 03-14-2016, 05:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks for the post Jeff. Really glad to hear the positive news. Writing things like this helps others (me) out greatly. Keep up the great work man.