Notices

Crisis: Virgin Mojito Scarcity!

Old 03-13-2016, 12:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

Crisis: Virgin Mojito Scarcity!

I have a very bad problem. Seems mint is hard to come by this time of year in these parts, and that's messing me up when I want my virgin mojito. I'm settling for all kinds of lesser beverages like diet soda and sparkling water, etc. This will not do!

What are some other ideas for interesting virgin mixed drinks?

P.S. Please don't say "virgin screwdriver." This is a serious crisis if you can't tell, LOL.
Old 03-13-2016, 12:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm not up on mixed drinks virgin or otherwise. I have been defaulting to coffee. I found a nice treat with that was adding some cocoa mix with mini marshmallows :-)
Old 03-13-2016, 01:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Brother of the Wolf

I am a big fan of the virgin Bloody Mary. It's delicious, and it's packed with vitamins, antioxidants, and the horseradish and celery are great for keeping your blood pressure in check. I make mine with organic tomato juice, a splash of seltzer to thin it out a bit, a squeeze of lemon juice, a dash of celery salt, fresh horseradish, black pepper, a dash of good hot sauce, a dash pf Worcestershire sauce, a splash pf olive brine, shaken and poured over ice and finished with two big leafy stalks of celery and a skewer with some stuffed green olives, a pepperoncini and pickled okra on it.
Old 03-13-2016, 01:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sparkling Virgin Cosmo

Serves 1

Ingredients:
Ice
2 ounces cranberry juice
1 ounce fresh lime juice
5 ounces club soda or seltzer
Lime wedges for garnish
Sugar for frosting (optional)

Directions:

Pour ice into a shaker or tall glass. Add cranberry juice, fresh lime juice and club soda. Shake to combine. Run a lime wedge over the outside rim of a chilled martini glass. Pour sugar onto a small plate or flat surface. Dip the rim of the glass into sugar until covered with a thin border. Strain carefully into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with lime.
Old 03-13-2016, 02:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Regarding a virgin mojito - you can always substitute basil for mint leaves. Basil is in the same family as mint. Using basil will add hints of clove and anise to the drink. You can get more creative by adding blackberries to the ingredients as well.