Notices

I Need To Start Over Again

Old 03-13-2016, 07:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Pressure makes diamonds

I Need To Start Over Again

I've been on this Merry-go-Round for a while now. Last year I got to 4 months of being sober and it was the best I've ever felt. So, I know I have the strength to do it. Then work stress crept in and I threw in the towel. I know- it's an excuse and I seem to be very good at that. One drink led to many and now since the end of September I've been back to drinking, and more than before. A few times I could string a week or two together, but nothing substantial. I should have come back here sooner but was embarrassed. Afraid of all the questions... What's my plan , why not AA etc. I wasn't ready to face it.
I thought I had a plan. Now I know I NEED a plan. I can't do this one more day. I need to get back on track now and live my best life. I'm tired of being sick and tired. I look in the mirror and hate what I see. I don't want to be depressed and red and bloated anymore. I want my face back and my soul to be happy again. I'm lost.

Back to Day 1- this time it has to be the end of this self destruction. I need to check in here everyday and hold myself accountable.
Old 03-13-2016, 07:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

What is nice about each day is that it is a chance to begin again. So, dust yourself off and take a deep breath and begin anew.

Glad you are here! ♡CR

Remember ...Butterflies Are Hope For The Flowers...
Here's to all the butterflies and flowers
Old 03-13-2016, 08:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome back! I'm glad you are back again, I have struggled in the last and just disappeared from SR and my other supports, that was my biggest mistakes. I joined the January class after deciding that NYE was my last drink, and have been using SR, journaling, exercise, and reading as my primary tools.

Try to take it easy physically and mentally today. You can do this!!!

❤️ Delilah
Old 03-13-2016, 08:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Reaching out is one of the most important tools in my recovery as is acceptance of knowing I can't drink safely or responsibly so no matter what no matter how strong the urge I will not drink as I know where that road leads I can take action against the craving by reaching out and speaking to another alcoholic who knows exactly what im going through, which brings me to another awesome recovery tool against cravings which is 'playing the tape'

Having a plan improves sobriety and also records it which then becomes a great reflection tool for you to reflect on as the hours days months & then years go by

You can also have a sobriety scrapbook of the things you find that interest you I find that pretty cool as I can forget sometimes

It's up to you how much you want this x

Last edited by Soberwolf; 03-13-2016 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Spelling & grammar
Old 03-13-2016, 08:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Me too...

I am starting again today as well. I never made 4 months though which was quite an accomplishment and I know you can do it - you've already proven that so keep on going.

The most I've ever done is 10 days - which were the best 10 days I've known in years and I don't even know what happened that made me jump back into drinking because I went on a real bender and couldn't get off it for days.

I'm really going to make it work this time. I've got some plans made and have told people and joined this forum.

Good luck!
Old 03-13-2016, 09:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hope2014 View Post
I've been on this Merry-go-Round for a while now. Last year I got to 4 months of being sober and it was the best I've ever felt. So, I know I have the strength to do it. Then work stress crept in and I threw in the towel. I know- it's an excuse and I seem to be very good at that. One drink led to many and now since the end of September I've been back to drinking, and more than before. A few times I could string a week or two together, but nothing substantial. I should have come back here sooner but was embarrassed. Afraid of all the questions... What's my plan , why not AA etc. I wasn't ready to face it. I thought I had a plan. Now I know I NEED a plan. I can't do this one more day. I need to get back on track now and live my best life. I'm tired of being sick and tired. I look in the mirror and hate what I see. I don't want to be depressed and red and bloated anymore. I want my face back and my soul to be happy again. I'm lost. Back to Day 1- this time it has to be the end of this self destruction. I need to check in here everyday and hold myself accountable.
Welcome back Hope. I know exactly how you feel because I too have been on the hellish merry go round. I'm starting over today too & have a new plan. Hang in there!!! :-)
Old 03-13-2016, 09:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome back Hope. I could have written your post. Stay close to SR.
Old 03-13-2016, 09:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Pressure makes diamonds

Thank you all for your support, it means so much. This time I'm going to stick to it. I have to. I'm going to journal every day, check in here and start treating myself with more respect by eating healthy, excercising and getting straight with being grateful for the things I do have, including the support from all of you. It's up to me now, because if nothing changes, then nothing will get better.
Old 03-13-2016, 10:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

Welcome back, Hope!
I know it's not easy coming back, but it can be such a relief when we finally do.
Old 03-13-2016, 10:04 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Hope; good to see you.

There's a fabulous SR link regarding plans (compiled by our dear Dee); I'll post in a minute.
Old 03-13-2016, 10:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Here is the link:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...highlight=psst
Old 03-13-2016, 11:11 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hope, once you start reading and posting on a regular basis, you will find the support that you need. It's all here! You can do this. I was on the same cycle, as probably everyone here. Each relapse gets harder and harder, and you do sink deeper...I've been there. I am now nearing 11 months sober, and I never ever thought I could do it, but I did.
Old 03-13-2016, 02:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Hope2014 View Post
Now I know I NEED a plan.
Best place to start

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

D
Old 03-13-2016, 03:18 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope the support here can help you get sober for good.
Old 03-13-2016, 05:41 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi Hope! Glad you're here
Old 03-13-2016, 05:45 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi Hope! Welcome back!!
Old 03-13-2016, 06:22 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Welcome back hope.

Have you considered counseling to help you get tools to deal with stress when, not if, it shows up.

Best wishes.
Old 03-13-2016, 06:37 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Welcome back Hope. I found this forum over 3 years ago, and I also just recently came back to it and recommitted after 3 years of ups and downs. Tomorrow will be one month sober for me. Let's do this!
Old 03-13-2016, 06:43 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Welcome back Hope! I too am starting over for what feels like the hundredth time in the last year. I understand the embarrassment of discussing it after you have made a mistake. We have all been there. Best of luck and keep posting! <3
Old 03-13-2016, 06:44 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe