Notices

In my dreams

Old 03-10-2016, 10:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

In my dreams

Hi again to all here. I'm on Day 14, and feeling saner, more productive, more emotionally stable, alert every morning, even a little richer (I figure I've already saved a couple hundred between going out to bars and stocking my fridge.)

Obviously there have been some tough times these past two weeks. A few times when my brain tried to tell my brain that I actually don't have a problem, that I can enjoy some wine like I always have, and then just stop again. I've realized that while I could *probably* have a glass or two with friends and that would be it for the night, it's the night after that, and the ones that would follow, that would get out of hand. So I get busy and call a friend and try to rewire my brain.

But when I go to sleep, it's a completely different story! Literally the last four nights (at least), I dream of drinking. I'm out with friends who say, "C'mon, you can have just a few." I met an old friend at a bar who had already had two beers and I ordered two to catch up. I was at a business function and had a drink and when I got home said to myself, I've already started drinking tonight, so why not open a bottle? Every. Single. Night.

I'm not sure if my brain is trying to talk my brain out of not drinking, or if these are warnings... I guess if I had any doubt I have an alcohol issue, this confirms is.

Hoping the dreams ends soon. The good thing? I wake up sober

Best wishes and good luck to all!
Old 03-10-2016, 10:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Me too!! I'm on day 9. The dreams are crazy. I even feel disappointed in myself, thinking, "I can't post on the 24 hour thread today." But you're right. I wake up and it didn't happen.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on 2 weeks sober
Old 03-10-2016, 11:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Me too! Drinking dreams the last 3 nights. I heard it is common at this stage. I am 20 days in. I don't like the dreams and hope they pass soon!!!

Lilly
Old 03-10-2016, 11:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LostLilly View Post
Me too! Drinking dreams the last 3 nights. I heard it is common at this stage. I am 20 days in. I don't like the dreams and hope they pass soon!!!

Lilly
I have to assume that they will diminish as time goes by... may need to deal with them a while longer though!
Old 03-10-2016, 01:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Drinking dreams are common - but they do fade.

I chose not to attribute any deep meaning to them - I still dream of school...and I've got no desire to go back there

D
Old 03-10-2016, 02:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great job on two weeks. Stay the course, you will thank yourself.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 14 days!!