Notices

ICDBs Accountability Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 02:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

ICDBs Accountability Thread

Today is day 30 and marks exactly one month as well. Nothing remarkable on tap .. Gym, work, evening routine. Gearing up for a crazy hectic week next week where I will have 12-14 hour work days and no ability/time to get to the gym or do my normal workouts which are my stress relief. Having a little anxiety about all that plus the work itself next week, but working on putting a plan in place.

And today I will not drink.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hi ICDB.

Congrats on 30 days!!! Great milestone. Keep going.

I like that you are looking at the near future and can see when things are off balance for you. Take that next step past anxiety and work on a plan to manage the change. Perhaps remember to take just 5 minutes everyday to stop and sit. Listen to your mind and breathing to remain calm.

Try planing to have a special food to treat yourself. Do anything you can to remind yourself that you are doing well.

Insert sober thinking everyday when your normal stress buster of a workout is not available. You will do just fine. I will keep an eye on this thread!

Stay awesome!!

Ken
Old 03-10-2016, 02:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats from me too - 30 days is great ICDB

D
Old 03-10-2016, 04:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Hi ICDB. Congrats on 30 days!!! Great milestone. Keep going. I like that you are looking at the near future and can see when things are off balance for you. Take that next step past anxiety and work on a plan to manage the change. Perhaps remember to take just 5 minutes everyday to stop and sit. Listen to your mind and breathing to remain calm. Try planing to have a special food to treat yourself. Do anything you can to remind yourself that you are doing well. Insert sober thinking everyday when your normal stress buster of a workout is not available. You will do just fine. I will keep an eye on this thread! Stay awesome!! Ken
Thanks, Ken. I'm entering the busy, stress filled springtime chaos of kids activities and birthdays and holidays, and to add to it work is super busy and next week I am taking a Bootcamp style training for a professional certification. When o get overwelmed I shut down and can't do anything, which of course doesn't help. I have today and tomorrow to get certain work items done before in out of the office and I have to complete my application for the certification exam, which I have procrastinated about because I fear it being audited. Bren yesterday I got an email with a ton of prep info and pre work as well as notification of a pop quiz on arrival - and there's only one other person in the class so if any exactly fly under the radar. Bum trying to plan/schedule the kids parties and my training has kicked off for my first 100 mile bike ride his summer.
Whew! It all works on paper and I know it can be done - honestly the part overwhelming me is the "homework" for this certification quite frankly. Adding that to the rest just feels impossible but I need to suck it up and get it done ... Important for the career growth I'm hoping for.
Old 03-10-2016, 04:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 30 days!
Old 03-10-2016, 04:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

I'd disagree about the remarkable bit you have been a breath of fresh air since I met you I love your posts and humility xxx excellent work reaching 30 days
Old 03-10-2016, 05:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
I'd disagree about the remarkable bit you have been a breath of fresh air since I met you I love your posts and humility xxx excellent work reaching 30 days
thanks sw ☺️
Old 03-10-2016, 04:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Typically I either work out first thing in the morning when the family sleeps or try to sneak in an evening workout during the week, trying to maximize family time. Today I decided to pack my stuff for the pool and leave work on time for a change and stop at the pool for a thirty minute swim before picking up the kids. Didn't eat into the evening much and I can't tell you how awesome that respite of me time was for my mood and stress... Felt happy and relaxed on the way to get the kids, calm through their homework while I made dinner. All in all pretty good. I think I will have to work this into my routine once or twice a week. :-)
Old 03-11-2016, 03:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Today is day 31...

Started the day with a one on one swim lesson. Headed to a busy day of work before I'm out of the office most of next week. Not sure what's on tap tonight but I think it may include a trip for groceries to get a jump on things, then likely a family movie or the like.

Old 03-11-2016, 04:22 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Excellent
Old 03-11-2016, 11:36 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks sw :-)
Old 03-11-2016, 06:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

What a lovely evening. Worked in my puzzle a bit, we had a nice family dinner, then my son and I had a date getting groceries... Something that never would have happened in the evening were I still drinking. Also gave us some time to chat about both some fun and serious things. I don't even know how but somehow he brought up the topic of drugs and addiction (he is 9 and pretty sharp). Ultimately we talked about smoking and drugs and alcohol.. How some people can have one drink, some always have more. He knows from observation I'm the latter and I explained that that is why I decided not to drink at all anymore. He also then referenced how when he eats something he likes, he wants more, more, more.. And mad even though the first bite tastes like the twentieth, right? He made the connection, and I related it to how similar he and I are in that regard, and that that was food for me when I was little as well. I also explained that is why sometimes you're better off not ever trying something.

It was a good talk and he didn't feel like it was a lecture til all was done.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats again ICDB

D
Old 03-12-2016, 04:32 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Today is day 32.

Have a busy day on tap and feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment. I want to carve out some time for work stuff I couldn't get done before I left the office yesterday. I also will guide my son through some cooking he wants to do (for my brother who is babysitting tonight). My younger son requested a bike ride with me when I told him about the 30 mile ride I have midday. Then my husband and I have an adult only dinner date with some friends for someone's birthday. And I should probably tidy the house a little before we do that lest my brother think we live like pigs.

Add to it I have to study and cram for my training that starts Monday. I'm trying to remind myself I can only do one thing at a time. So I'm going to finish my coffee and then spend one hour on the work stuff and then cook with my son.

Deep breathes - I can do this.

Old 03-12-2016, 09:23 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Do your best

You can do this ICDB break it down into bitesize chunks set some boundaries so you still have you time and maybe it will help having a schedule planner ? xx
Old 03-12-2016, 12:30 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
You can do this ICDB break it down into bitesize chunks set some boundaries so you still have you time and maybe it will help having a schedule planner ? xx
thanks :-). Feeling accomplished for what I've tackled today - and exhausted after that ride! Lol. Next up date night with the husband and my role as designated driver :-)
Old 03-13-2016, 06:50 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Today is day 33.

Last evening was quite a milestone. We were out with friends in a smoky, alcohol filled environment and I wasn't tempted in the least. And then I realized how great it felt to simply walk to the restroom and not feel I needed to concentrate strongly to walk in a straight line. It felt so liberating when I realized that.

Busy busy day on tap and the time change set me behind from the onset. Hopefully I can find a way to get done the work I need to and also balance with some quality family time and partake in what is to be a beautiful day.

Old 03-13-2016, 06:52 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Good job ICDB! I want to be able to say day 33 one day. You are an inspiration.
Old 03-13-2016, 08:01 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grendhar View Post
Good job ICDB! I want to be able to say day 33 one day. You are an inspiration.
thanks ☺️. And you shall ... One day at a time adds up quickly.
Old 03-13-2016, 08:08 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats ICDB

And you will Grendhar