A question...

Old 03-09-2016, 05:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A question...

Is it "normal" if I, when I see my ex and his new girlfriend, feel bad?
How can it be? I guess that, in a way, I'm answering my own question...

I know he is who he is. I don't know how he treats her, but I do know that he was emotionally abusive towards me, and probably a cheater as well.
I also know that she is a drug and alcohol addict. The last time I saw them was at a concert and they wer drinking together.

I feel sad/angry/"less than", and I get mad at myself for it.
How do I stop this?

I feel ashamed for asking such a thing. I would love to see it differently, I feel like I must be crazy to think this way after so much time. I refrain as much as I can to go to places where I know it's a high chance that I will see him... But I also don't want to lose every chance at having fun that gets to me.
Old 03-09-2016, 06:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hello timetoheal,

I think it is perfectly normal to feel bad when you see any ex with someone new. When my cheating ex-husband got remarried, I definitely felt a twinge. I knew I would never reconcile with him because he damaged my trust so completely. And yet, there it was, that sadness and insecurity came calling.
Old 03-09-2016, 06:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Timetoheal,

Of course this is all normal. You can be feeling feelings of jealousy, then it can turn into just anger, then it can become that you may actually feel sorry for her. I don't know how you are feeling, but feelings are normal. I think I was describing how I would feel.

It's normal, and you will be OK.

You're are a terrific person.

((((((hugs))))))
amy
Old 03-09-2016, 06:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I don't know if this is female thing or if it's just me.

But I don't find myself really bothered by seeing she has moved on. If anything it gives me validation that I did the right thing. She would have just snuck around to see him anyway.

When she and I split, she actually had him come help her move. I thought to myself.......poor bastard......lol.

He helped get her crap out quicker, didn't cause any problems and probably helped in the whole, don't make scene in front of your new fella part for her.

She was the most civil she had been in months. I can only imagine the lies he had gotten by that point. I was him once....lol

I have heard they broke up....big shock. Nothing to do with me.