Notices

I bought a bottle of wine

Old 03-09-2016, 08:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I bought a bottle of wine

I am disappointed in myself for picking up the bottle off the shelves. its that sports evening here and we all know how we associate it with drinking. My plan for tonight was to study a bit as I have exams in 2 months.
I just needed to post as a way of letting out something... not sure what. Yes I am craving it badly right now but haven't opened it yet. I think I'll probably be okay if I just don't have that first sip. Really just asking for prayers.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's how I blew 10 months... by just thinking I could have one glass of wine. My advice: Pour it out before taking a sip. You'll feel much better about yourself. Great job on posting here first.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Fire that **** in the trash! It is poison!

Last edited by Dee74; 03-10-2016 at 01:05 PM.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Zeekie,
with all due respect , prayers won't help you as much as taking the action of getting rid of that right now.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Get rid of it. Now. No point in taunting yourself.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Don't take a sip, don't smell it, plug your nose and dump it down the drain. Then you win! And you don't feel like crap tomorrow!
Old 03-09-2016, 08:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Right now I'm bathing the kids, going to sit and watch the game with my husband. He's not drinking and pour out the bottle. He would be disappointed if I get drunk anyway even though he doesn't know I have a drinking problem.
It was a dumb move to buy it and I realise it now. I will stick to the plan I had for the evening and study after kids are in bed.
I somehow thought buying the bottle meant failure but I'm gonna turn it around and pour that sucker out. Thanks guys I just really needed to have someone listen and confirm that nothing good will come from this.
Aaaand why would I like to blow up my cheek bones again??? Totally random!
Old 03-09-2016, 09:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

No, buying it was not a failure. Drinking it would lead to no good. Pouring it out will be a success because you beat the AV that told you to buy it in the first place. You choose... win or give in. Just think of the consequences. You own the power because you are in control not the AV. Fight for what's right.
Old 03-09-2016, 09:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

I had a glass of wine at a wedding. I went into a four year death spiral that almost killed me.

Drinking again never ends well
Old 03-09-2016, 09:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Pour it out and forget about it.
Old 03-09-2016, 10:02 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I did this all the time, I would buy wine and end up pouring it out, it was costing me a fortune!
Old 03-09-2016, 10:09 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Zeekie, is it a screw cap or a corked bottle?

Excuse my mistakes in language, it might happen at times. I'm not a native speaker.
Old 03-09-2016, 10:28 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Zeekie, is it a screw cap or a corked bottle?

Excuse my mistakes in language, it might happen at times. I'm not a native speaker.
It's a screw cap. I actually bought a light wine thinking it would be better but usually after that bottle of light wine I'll be digging into some whiskey my husband has had for months. No worries I'm also not a native speaker.
Old 03-09-2016, 10:29 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
I did this all the time, I would buy wine and end up pouring it out, it was costing me a fortune!
Had the same thought... didn't want to waste money pouring it out but hey it's going to cost me more not pouring it out
Old 03-09-2016, 10:31 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

That last question was meant to grab your attention, which it obviously didn't. It concerns me that you have a bottle of wine in the house and are not responding {She's not responding. Ok. Let's call it. Patient died at 2:34 pm}.

Not trying to be morbid, but that could be your future. So many people die from alcoholism.

So pour it out. Save yourself.
Old 03-09-2016, 10:32 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zeekie View Post
It's a screw cap. I actually bought a light wine thinking it would be better but usually after that bottle of light wine I'll be digging into some whiskey my husband has had for months. No worries I'm also not a native speaker.
Whew. I am relieved. My previous post and yours crossed each other.

Screw off the cap and pour it out. Screw that stuff!
Old 03-09-2016, 10:46 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

It's poured out. Thank you for genuinely caring. I'm actually sipping on a cup of tea ready to hit the books. My night could've been so different if it wasn't for all of you. Grateful.
Old 03-09-2016, 10:50 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
That last question was meant to grab your attention, which it obviously didn't. It concerns me that you have a bottle of wine in the house and are not responding {She's not responding. Ok. Let's call it. Patient died at 2:34 pm}.

Not trying to be morbid, but that could be your future. So many people die from alcoholism.

So pour it out. Save yourself.
I think sometimes we forget the consequences could result in death. This opened my eyes. I chose to live.
Old 03-09-2016, 10:56 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Great job Zeekie. You did exactly what you should do when challenged and posted here before taking a drink.

You were challenged and succeeded. Each day is a learning experience, great job on not taking a drink!
Old 03-09-2016, 10:59 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I am so glad that you poured it out. I feel so happy for you. In fact, since this is an anonymous forum, I'm getting some teary eyes. I never cry out of sadness or grief (which doesn't mean I don't feel it!!). But I do cry out of happiness. And seeing you pouring it out and moving on, well, my face isn't dry anymore.