Notices

Just some perspective

Old 03-08-2016, 04:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just some perspective

Ok.

Often when I feel bad. When I'm hungry. Thirsty. When I went through withdrawal. Had the flu.

I remember the starving children in Africa. They are sitting there in the blistering heat. Nothing to drink. Imagine the thirst. Nothing to eat. Imagine the hunger.

And I suppose that even at such a young age, the knowledge among these children is: "We're going to die."

"We're going to die."

From starvation, dehydration, in an environment that would make most humans hurry to find shelter.

Your peers around you dying. Their bodies being taken care of in whatever way they do there. Knowing you're probably next.

Really imagine the horror of that.

We used to have hangovers. But there was a roof over our head. We were "suffering" them in bed. A faucet near by, water being there being a given. For most of us.

Doctors, food, help. It's all there.

Even withdrawal. We have a bed, a bucket, painkillers, water, and can dial 911 at any time.

What one of those children would give for our situation. Just to have a drink of water. You have no idea how they suffer.

Just a perspective. I'm not saying we don't have difficult times. But in this context... really? Are some of the things you experience really that bad?
Old 03-08-2016, 05:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I needed to hear that! I am full of self pity and sadness and you are right that there are so many others in a way more dire place. Thanks again for your insight.

Lilly
Old 03-08-2016, 06:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree that it is important to remember that there are always people that have it better than we do, and are worse off than we are.