Notices

Day 28

Old 03-08-2016, 08:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 28

Day 28 already. And it's still going well!

As some of you may have read in my Day 27 thread, I drank a lot of coffee yesterday. And experienced a lot of anxiety. Also, I hardly slept.

The anxiety is gone. Green tea is a great substitute. I am tired though. Hardly any sleep and having experience quite intense anxiety.

Fortunately I can trace that all back to the coffee. So, simple solution. No more coffee. Not for a long time. I'll test if I can handle it again in a few months or so. And will start with half a cup. Not 10, like yesterday.

Since I'm so tired today, I found it difficult to do the things I needed to do. But I still did them. And that's the important part to me. Life is not smooth sailing all the time. When the waves come, you need to be able to handle them and continue living your life.

Other news. I have set a definitive date for getting my blood drawn. It's next Monday. I noticed that I was putting it off. Not out of fear, but lack thereof. I am completely unconcerned about it since I believe everything is fine. So I picked a date and I'm sticking to it. One more thing to cross off my list.

One more positive development. I noticed today that I'm actually looking forward to future events with excitement. Instead of the dread I used to feel when I was drinking. "Oh God, I have to do that and I will be hung over."

I'm even looking forward to waking up tomorrow with excitement and I don't have anything planned yet! Just the thought of waking up fresh on a new day is wonderful to me.

Wishing you all a wonderful day!
Old 03-08-2016, 08:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Way to go, Mike. Four weeks is great progress!!!!!

It is great to see that you are enjoying sobriety; your attitude is wonderful.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Mike
Old 03-08-2016, 11:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats Mike! I've followed you're journey from drunk to a month sober and it's really inspiring.

Keep going strong
Old 03-08-2016, 11:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations Mike!!!

I too am a stickler for coffee and drinking copious amounts of it which naturally in turn gives me anxiety! And I can't stand tea so drinking fruit juice at night which is curbing it.

Well done hun xxx
Old 03-08-2016, 12:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by spadge View Post
Congratulations Mike!!!

I too am a stickler for coffee and drinking copious amounts of it which naturally in turn gives me anxiety! And I can't stand tea so drinking fruit juice at night which is curbing it.

Well done hun xxx
How bad does your anxiety from coffee get? Because I get anxious after the second cup. The first one actually relaxes me. But last time, when I had 10, maybe more, I could not call it anxiety anymore. It was pure, intense fear. Incredible fear. I felt like I would die any moment. I couldn't stand up or walk straight. Dizziness. Hyperventilation. Nausea. Vasovagal syncope starting until I stopped it before I passed out (learned that from the doctor, I did see a doctor about this).

Anyone, do you recognize this? Actually, I'll make another thread about it.
Old 03-08-2016, 12:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Mike I don't get as bad as that hun! Gosh I can only think you are drinking really strong coffee!!! Have you tried decaf? I don't like it personally xx
Old 03-08-2016, 12:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by spadge View Post
Mike I don't get as bad as that hun! Gosh I can only think you are drinking really strong coffee!!! Have you tried decaf? I don't like it personally xx
I don't even make it that strong. And I hate decaf. I prefer tea then.

Thanks.
Old 03-08-2016, 01:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

No Mike I meant the make of your coffee! I still get anxiety but not as bad as you.

I once went to a coffee shop and it had that much caffeine in it I had a severe panic attack and ended up vomiting! God I was so ill xx
Old 03-08-2016, 04:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I missed a couple of days but congrats on day 28 Mike

D
Old 03-08-2016, 04:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I missed a couple of days but congrats on day 28 Mike

D
How are you doing Dee? A couple of migraines. Missing days. Is everything alright?

Consider me a little concerned...
Old 03-08-2016, 06:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Ok, time to go to bed for me. It was a good day. My schedule is a bit hectic for a little while and I know some people get concerned if someone stops posting. No worries, I'm fine. Maybe just busy. Or not. I'll see.
Old 03-08-2016, 07:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congrats Mike on 28 days!
Old 03-08-2016, 07:57 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yep, 28 days translates to a month. Congrats!!!

Me reaching that point was seriously an accomplishment at the time.