Notices

Day 19 opiate withdrawl

Old 03-07-2016, 05:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 19 opiate withdrawl

I have been taking opiates for almost 5 years after my oral surgery left me with nerve damage. I was taking 6 a day for years then the last year I was taking almost 10 a day, which left me short on my script and I would buy off the street until my next refill. I have finally tapered myself off this last month and now I am on day 19 of no opiates. I still feel like I have no energy or muscles in my legs. My legs burn when I walk, like over exersion. Is this still normal on day 19? I am beyond frustrated right now. The Internet says in like a week the physical symptoms should be over?? I'm not giving up, I am just hoping everyday that this will be the day I feel like a normal human being again. Please help. Am I normal? Or should I be worried?
Old 03-08-2016, 04:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Bailey glad you found us
Old 03-08-2016, 08:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Bump
Old 03-08-2016, 09:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Bailey, welcome to the forum. I can't speak exactly to your experience, because my main issue was wine, although I also used low dose opiates. It took at least a month for my physical changes to settle down. I understand it's frustrating in the beginning, but it really does get better. There's lots of support on this site -- keep posting & others will be along to help too!
Old 03-08-2016, 09:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I have to ask, we're you mainly just sitting around while you were taking the opiates?
I know that it took a while for my body to recover when I quit. I also had to readjust to the signals my body would send to my brain that the opiates would filter out.
Unfortunately I can't give you a time line because each person is different.

If you feel that something is wrong I suggest that you see your doctor.
Also, your lack of energy could be something else, it was / is with me.

Best wishes
Old 03-08-2016, 09:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family and congrats on 19 days clean. I don't know anything about opiates. I would suggest you ask your doctor.
Old 03-08-2016, 11:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I was sitting around alot when on the opiates. I no longer work, I adopted my son's 2 little boys when he died by suicide. So I stay home with them, ages 3 and 5. They keep me busy, but not as I would normally be when I was working. Maybe that is why my muscles are taking so long to recover.
Old 03-08-2016, 12:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Glad you found us
Old 03-08-2016, 01:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Bailey, I am curious, were you prescribed these opiate for such a long period of time? If you don't want to discuss, I understand. I am in the process of a long gradual taper and so far its been fine. You can PM if you'd like.