Is this normal??

Old 03-07-2016, 02:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Baby Steps

Is this normal??

It's coming up on the 2 year mark since stbxah left and I'm feeling very low!!

For the last month or so I've been so looking forward to reaching this point, I don't know what it is but there was something about reaching the 2 year mark and being ok. It's like my divorce I want it and can't wait for it to be through, if he stops dragging it out!!

It was DS 18th birthday last week and although we celebrated it i felt sad that it was separate family celebrations, my family on the night of his birthday then his dad's family another night. I'm sure DS felt it more mind you but he did have a good birthday. I was a bit jealous as well, his family are all so close and they always seem to have fun together, mine well I can't stand my parents and if it wasn't for my brother it would have been a disaster, my dad was even refusing to go as he didn't like the venue!!

I don't know why I'm feeling sad when I was looking forward to reaching 2 years, my friends even wanted me to go out and celebrate and at first I thought oh yeah now I just want to hide!!

What is wrong with me
Old 03-07-2016, 03:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You feel how you feel and that's perfectly fine. Sometimes we expect to feel relief, or happiness, or sadness over a certain event and then find we feel something else.

It's completely human to have mixed feelings about everything right now, especially as it coincided with your son's 18th. He's now officially an adult...a rite of passage for both of you.

It can be sobering to realize that time really is passing. My baby sister became a grandmother this morning...and I just can't come to grips with that! In my head, she's still in braces.

Be gentle with yourself and let yourself feel whatever it is.

Oh, and ice cream may help...it's always worth a try!
Old 03-07-2016, 03:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Sounds perfectly normal to me. It also sounds as if these bouts of sadness are coming further apart, which is also normal (and good).

There's nothing "wrong" with you. Everybody gets down once in a while.

Hugs!